- Androgenic alopecia: May begin after puberty and increases in prevalence over time
- Predominant sex: Male > Female
Alopecia areata: 0.1–0.2% incidence in all racesPrevalence
- Androgenic alopecia:
- Men: 15% of adolescent males:
- 50% of white men over 50 years old
- Women: 6–12% under age of 30 with up to 50% lifetime prevalence
- Alopecia areata:
Alopecia is a sample topic found in
5-Minute Clinical Consult .
To find other 5-Minute Clinical Consult topics
please login or purchase a subscription.