- Brain tumors
- Auditory, visual, and/or speech/language impairment
- Autistic disorder (language and social skills are more affected than other cognitive abilities); however, 75% of individuals with an autistic disorder may meet criteria for a comorbid diagnosis of MR.
- Expressive or receptive language disorders
- Cerebral palsy
- Emotional or behavioral disturbance
- Learning disorders (reading, math, written expression)
- Auditory or sensory processing difficulties
- Lack of environmental opportunities for appropriate development
Mental Retardation is a sample topic found in
5-Minute Clinical Consult .
To find other 5-Minute Clinical Consult topics
please login or purchase a subscription.