- Consult/evaluate for excision of the involved vein segment and all involved tributaries.
- Drainage of contiguous abscesses
- Remove all associated cannula and culture tips.
- Aseptic: Management of underlying conditions:
- Evaluation for saphenous vein ligation to prevent deep vein extension
- Consider referral for varicosity excision.
Superficial Thrombophlebitis is a sample topic found in
5-Minute Clinical Consult .
To find other 5-Minute Clinical Consult topics
please login or purchase a subscription.