- Larval form of T. solium can cause systemwide cysticercosis, including neurocysticercosis (etiologic in up to 25% of cases of new-onset seizures in indigenous areas).
- Echinococcus hydatid cysts may cause abnormalities in the organ involved. Cyst rupture can cause spread of disease and anaphylaxis.
- B12 deficiency with D. latum
- Proglottid of T. saginata rarely can obstruct appendix and pancreatic and bile ducts.
- D. latum occasionally can cause intestinal obstruction, cholangitis, and cholecystitis.
Tapeworm Infestation is a sample topic found in
5-Minute Clinical Consult .
To find other 5-Minute Clinical Consult topics
please login or purchase a subscription.