Less common causes
- Bacterial, viral, rickettsial, fungal, parasitic
- CNS, sinuses, dental, endocarditis, pneumonia, liver, biliary system, gastrointestinal, peritonitis, abdominal abscess, urinary tract infection, prostate, sexually transmitted disease, skin, soft tissues, bone, joints
- Autoimmune disease
- CNS disease including head trauma, mass lesion
- Malignancy, especially lymphoma, leukemia, renal cell carcinoma, primary or metastatic liver cancer
- Cardiovascular disease, eg, myocardial infarction, thrombophlebitis, pulmonary embolism
- Gastrointestinal disease, eg, inflammatory bowel disease, alcoholic hepatitis, granulomatous hepatitis
- Miscellaneous, eg, drug fever, sarcoidosis, familial Mediterranean fever, tissue injury, hematoma, factitious fever
- Heat stroke, neuroleptic malignant syndrome, malignant hyperthermia
Fever has been found in Diagnosaurus 2.0
If you are a registered user, please login below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- 5-Minute Clinical Consult (5MCC) for Mobile + Web helps you diagnose, treat, and follow up on over 900 medical conditions. The 2013 edition also includes Diagnosaurus, 200 pediatrics topics, and medical RSS feeds.
View these topics online FREE