Folliculitis was found in Diagnosaurus 2.0 which helps you diagnose, treat, and follow up on over 900 medical conditions seen in everyday practice.
Explore 5-Minute Clinical Consult - view these FREE monographs:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Bacterial (usually staphylococcal)
- Sycosis (chronic on head and neck)
- Gram-negative (eg, if on antibiotics for acne)
- Hot tub folliculitis (pseudomonal)
- Herpes folliculitis
- Due to oils, occlusion, perspiration, or rubbing
- Malassezia furfur (on back)
- "Steroid acne"
- Eosinophilic folliculitis (in AIDS)