- Nasal trauma, eg, nose picking, forceful nose blowing, foreign body
- Allergic rhinitis or viral rhinitis
- Dry nasal mucosa
- Deviated septum
- Chronic sinusitis
- Inhaled steroids
- Cocaine use
- Alcohol use
- Antiplatelet drugs, eg, aspirin, clopidogrel
- Thrombocytopenia, eg, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura
- Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (Osler-Weber-Rendu syndrome)
- Polycythemia vera
- Wegener’s granulomatosis
- Nasal tumor
Epistaxis has been found in Diagnosaurus 2.0
If you are a registered user, please login below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- 5-Minute Clinical Consult (5MCC) for Mobile + Web helps you diagnose, treat, and follow up on over 900 medical conditions. The 2013 edition also includes Diagnosaurus, 200 pediatrics topics, and medical RSS feeds.
View these topics online FREE