- Trauma, sepsis, shock, burns
- Multiple transfusions
- DIC, TTP
- Drugs: opioids, aspirin, phenothiazines, tricyclic antidepressants, amiodarone, chemotherapeutics, nitrofurantoin, protamine
- Cardiopulmonary bypass
- Head injury
- Aspiration of gastric contents
- Embolism of thrombus, fat, air, or amniotic fluid
- Miliary tuberculosis
- Diffuse pneumonia
- Acute eosinophilic pneumonia
- Bronchiolitis obliterans organizing pneumonia (BOOP)
- Upper airway obstruction
- Freebase cocaine smoking
- Toxic gas inhalation: nitrogen dioxide, chlorine, sulfur dioxide, ammonia, smoke inhalation
- Oxygen toxicity
- Lung contusion
- High altitude exposure
- Lung re-expansion or reperfusion
Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) has been found in Diagnosaurus 2.0
If you are a registered user, please login below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- 5-Minute Clinical Consult (5MCC) for Mobile + Web helps you diagnose, treat, and follow up on over 900 medical conditions. The 2013 edition also includes Diagnosaurus, 200 pediatrics topics, and medical RSS feeds.
View these topics online FREE