Altered mental status
Altered mental status was found in Diagnosaurus 2.0 which helps you diagnose, treat, and follow up on over 900 medical conditions seen in everyday practice.
Explore 5-Minute Clinical Consult - view these FREE monographs:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Opioids, alcohol, sedatives, antipsychotics, withdrawal, others
- Hypoxia, hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia, hypercalcemia, hypernatremia, hyponatremia, uremia, hepatic encephalopathy, hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, vitamin B12 or thiamine deficiency, carbon monoxide poisoning, Wilsons disease
- Meningitis, encephalitis, bacteremia, urinary tract infection, pneumonia, neurosyphilis
- Space-occupying lesion, eg, brain tumor, subdural hematoma, hydrocephalus
- Stroke, subarachnoid hemorrhage, coronary ischemia, hypertensive encephalopathy, CNS vasculitis, thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, disseminated intravascular coagulation, hyperviscosity
- Schizophrenia, depression
- Seizure, hypothermia, heat stroke, ICU psychosis, "sundowning"