Prune Belly Syndrome
Prune Belly Syndrome was found in Select 5-Minute Pediatrics Topics which helps you diagnose, treat, and follow up on over 900 medical conditions seen in everyday practice.
Explore 5-Minute Clinical Consult - view these FREE monographs:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Rare congenital disorder characterized by the triad of:
- Deficiency of abdominal musculature
- Bilateral cryptorchidism
- Dilated, anomalous development of the bladder and upper urinary tract
- It presents with a broad spectrum of severity, from mild hydroureter with an enlarged bladder and normal renal function to severe renal dysplasia and pulmonary hypoplasia.
- Also known as Eagle-Barrett syndrome