Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android.
J Asian Nat Prod Res [journal]
- Two new glycosides from the fruits of Forsythia suspense. [Journal Article]
- J Asian Nat Prod Res 2014 Apr; 16(4):376-82.
Two new glycosides suspensaside C (1) and 2,3,5,6-tetrahydro-jacaranone-4-O-β-d-glucopyranoside (2), together with four known compounds suspensaside A (3), rengynic acid-1'-O-β-d-glucopyranoside (4), forsythoside A (5), and rengynic acid (6), were isolated from the fruits of Forsythia suspense (Thunb.) Vahl. The structures of 1 and 2 were elucidated on the basis of chemical and spectral analysis, including 1D, 2D NMR analyses and HR-ESI-MS. All isolates were tested for their cytotoxicities against five human cancer cell lines (A549, Colo-205, Hep-3B, HL60, and KB). Compound 3 exhibited cytotoxicity against HL-60, Hep-3B, and A549 cancer cell lines.
- Microbial transformation of oleanolic acid by Trichothecium roseum. [Journal Article]
- J Asian Nat Prod Res 2014 Apr; 16(4):383-6.
Microbial transformation of the oleanolic acid (1) using Trichothecium roseum (pers.) Link (M 95.56) has resulted in the isolation of two new hydroxylated type metabolites, characterized as 15α-hydroxy-3-oxo-olean-12-en-28-oic acid (2) and 7β,15α-dihydroxy-3-oxo-olean-12-en-28-oic acid (3). The structure elucidation of these metabolites was based primarily on HR-EIMS, 1D NMR, and 2D NMR analyses.
- A novel 6-hydroxy-8,11,11-trimethyl-bicyclo[7.2.0]undec-4-ene-4-carboxylic acid: a potent antioxidant agent from Iphiona scabra. [Journal Article]
- J Asian Nat Prod Res 2014 Apr; 16(4):406-11.
A novel 6-hydroxy-8,11,11-trimethyl-bicyclo[7.2.0]undec-4-ene-4-carboxylic acid 1 has been isolated from leaves of Iphiona scabra DC. Its structure has been established on the basis of chemical and physical evidence (IR, (1)H NMR, (13)C NMR, and MS) and further confirmed by single-crystal X-ray diffraction study. The in vitro antioxidant activities of isolated compound 1 and extracts were evaluated by 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl method.
- Two new neoclerodane diterpenoids from Scutellaria barbata D. Don growing in Vietnam. [Journal Article]
- J Asian Nat Prod Res 2014 Apr; 16(4):364-9.
Various chromatographic separations of the aerial parts of Scutellaria barbata afforded two new neoclerodane diterpenoids, scutebatas S and T (1 and 2), along with scutebata D (3). Their structures were elucidated by spectroscopic methods including high-resolution electrospray ionization mass spectrometry, 1D and 2D NMR and comparison with the literature values. Compounds 1 and 3 exhibited moderate cytotoxic activities against HL-60 (promyeloblast) human cancer cells. Weak cytotoxic effects toward four tested human cancer cell lines including KB (epidermoid carcinoma), LU-1 (lung adenocarcinoma), MCF7 (breast cancer), and Hep-G2 (hepatoma cancer) were observed for 1 and 3; whereas 2 was inactive on all five tested cell lines.
- New limonoids from Coptidis Rhizoma-Euodiae Fructus couple. [Journal Article]
- J Asian Nat Prod Res 2014 Apr; 16(4):333-44.
A pair of inseparable new limonoids, named euodirutaecins A (1a) and B (1b), were isolated from the Coptidis Rhizoma-Euodiae Fructus couple, together with two new single compounds evodirutaenin A (2) and shihulimonin A1 (5), and the known limonoids rutaevin (3), limonin (4), 12α-hydroxyrutaevin (6), and alkaloids rutaecarpine and evodiamine. Structures of these compounds were identified by spectral analyses and quantum chemical computational method, and the six limonoids were also evaluated for cytotoxicities against NCI-N87 and Caco-2 cell lines.
- Three new diterpenoid alkaloids from the roots of Aconitum duclouxii. [Journal Article]
- J Asian Nat Prod Res 2014 Apr; 16(4):345-50.
Three new C19-diterpenoid alkaloids, ducloudines C (1), D (2), and E (3), were isolated from the roots of Aconitum duclouxii. Their structures were established on the basis of extensive spectroscopic analyses. Ducloudine C (1) is the first aconitine-type C19-diterpenoid alkaloid with a C = O group at C-3 and a C = C bond between C-1 and C-2. All compounds were tested for their biological activities against one pathogenic fungi and two pathogenic bacteria.
- Epigenetic modifiers alter the secondary metabolite composition of a plant endophytic fungus, Pestalotiopsis crassiuscula obtained from the leaves of Fragaria chiloensis. [Journal Article]
- J Asian Nat Prod Res 2014 Apr; 16(4):412-7.
The addition of the DNA methyltransferase inhibitor 500 μM 5-azacytidine to the culture medium of a plant endophytic fungus, Pestalotiopsis crassiuscula, obtained from the leaves of Fragaria chiloensis, dramatically altered the profiles of its metabolites and resulted in the isolation of one new coumarin (1), along with six known compounds (2-7). HPLC profiles revealed that only compounds 3, 4, and 7 belonged to the new induced secondary metabolites. The structures of all isolated compounds were elucidated on the basis of extensive analysis of NMR spectra.
- Cucurbitane-type triterpenoids from the leaves of Momordica charantia. [Journal Article]
- J Asian Nat Prod Res 2014 Apr; 16(4):358-63.
Phytochemical investigation of the ethanol extract from the leaves of Momordica charantia L. led to the isolation of two new (1, 2) and four known (3-6) cucurbitane-type triterpenoids. Their structures were elucidated on the basis of extensive analyses of spectroscopic data including IR, UV, MS, 1D, and 2D NMR. Also the absolute configurations of momordicines I (3) and II (4) were determined for the first time by application of the modified Mosher's method, acid hydrolysis, and GC analysis.
- A new dihydroagarofuranoid sesquiterpene from the roots of Tripterygium hypoglaucum. [Journal Article]
- J Asian Nat Prod Res 2014 Mar; 16(3):327-31.
A new sesquiterpene ester (1) has been isolated from the root bark of Tripterygium hypoglaucum. The structure was determined as 1α-acetoxy-6β,9β-dibenzoyloxy-4β-hydroxy-dihydroagarofuran by the extensive analysis of NMR data, and the absolute configurations were established as 1R, 4R, 6S, and 9R by application of the CD excitation chirality method. Compound 1 exhibited weak cytotoxicity against HeLa cells, with an IC50 value of 30.2 μM.
- Synthesis and antifungal activity of 7-methyl-7-hydroxy-2,3-benzo[c]octa-1,6-olide. [Journal Article]
- J Asian Nat Prod Res 2014 Mar; 16(3):312-7.
The racemic 7-methyl-7-hydroxy-2,3-benzo[c]octa-1,6-olide, the analog of natural product (6R)-3,7-dimethyl-7-hydroxy-2-octen-1,6-olide, was totally synthesized using easily available (E)-2-(2-carboxyvinyl)benzoic acid as a raw material in nine-step reactions including three key steps of Wittig reaction, epoxidation, and cyclization, with an overall yield of 10.3%. The bioassay results showed that ( ± )-2 exhibited stronger antifungal activity than the natural product ( ± )-1 and (R)-1 against Alternaria solani with an EC50 value of 27.36 μg/ml.