Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android.
Voen Med Zh [journal]
- [For the history of creation of central anatomicopathological facility of the Ministry of Defence]. [English Abstract, Historical Article, Journal Article]
- Voen Med Zh 2012 Dec; 333(12):52-8.
The system of anatomicopathological facilities was created in 30s of XX century and first years of the Great Patriotic War. The goal of this system was to increase the effectiveness of Sanitary Corps of the Red Army. These anatomicopathological facilities analyzed causes of death of injured soldiers during all stages of the system of treatment-evacuative support of troops and mistakes made by medical specialists during first aid treatment. Organisational forms of anatomicopathological activity were changed and developed according to acquired battle experience. The main stage of formation of anatomicopathological service of the Red Army, and in fact the finished period in organisational formation of anatomicopathological service, was establishment of Central anatomicopathological facility - main methodological, organisational, coordinating and monioring center of anatomicopathological activity of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation.
- [L.A. Khodorkov--famous organizer of military healthcare (on the occasion of 110th anniversary of birth)]. [Biography, English Abstract, Historical Article, Journal Article]
- Voen Med Zh 2012 Dec; 333(12):44-51.
The article is devoted to the life journey and professional activity of Lipa Avrumovich Khodorkov, one of the most famous organizer of native military medicine. Great attention is paid to his work in office as a chief of medical-evacuation headquarter of the Main army medical department of the Red Forces during the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945. Stages of service of L.A. Khodorkov in offices as a deputy chief of the Main army medical department, hief medical officer of Baltic military district, chief of Department of training of physicians (for Missile Forces and Army) of Military-medical Academy n. a. S.M. Kirov and his actiity as a instructor of faculty of organization and tacticts of medical service of the academy.
- [Medical research in the US Armed Forces (Report 3). The US Army]. [English Abstract, Journal Article, Review]
- Voen Med Zh 2012 Dec; 333(12):37-43.
The US Army. The present article is the third part of the review dedicated to organization and management of medical research in the US Armed Forces. The first and the second parts have been published in the previous issuses of the journal. Specifically this article is dedicated to organization and management of medical research in the US Army. It is shown that in the US Army the medical and biological research is conducted and coordinated by the special US Army Medical Research and Materiel Command. The following units are successively presented: US Army Institute of Surgical Research, US Army Medical Research Institute of Chemical Defense, US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, US Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, US Army Aeromedical Research Laboratory, Armed Forces Institute of Regenerative Medicine. The particular research programs conducting in the above mentioned institutions are presented.
- [Analysis of foreign experience of usage of automation systems of medication distribution in prevention and treatment facilities]. [English Abstract, Journal Article, Review]
- Voen Med Zh 2012 Dec; 333(12):27-30.
One of the ways of increase of effectiveness and safety of patients medication supplement is the use of automated systems of distribution, through which substantially increases the efficiency and safety of patients' medication supplement, achieves significant economy of material and financial resources for medication assistance and possibility of systematical improvement of its accessibility and quality.
- [Medical aspects of current flight safety concept of air forces of the Russian Federation]. [English Abstract, Journal Article, Review]
- Voen Med Zh 2012 Dec; 333(12):24-6.
Issues of medical supply of aviation operations, that is part of general system of flight safety are analyzed in this article. One of the main issues is development of the system of vocational preparation of medical personnel, taking part in organization and carrying flights. This issue consists of several themes: formation of united system of education from primary to post graduate; formation of modern training facility; assurance of high potential in academic and teaching staff and providing of good basic training and high learning motivation of applicants, who wants to become a air medical officer. Fundamental principles of developed concept of medical supply of flight safety are presented. It is shown that the essential condition of good implementation of the given concept is informaltion support of all its structures.
- [Evaluation of vascular modification in hypertensive patients]. [English Abstract, Journal Article]
- Voen Med Zh 2012 Dec; 333(12):18-23.
Assessment of arterial stiffness for revealing vascular modification in hypertensive patients seems to be an actual problem in clinical practice. 377 patients with arterial hypertension and 232 nonhypertensive subjects were included in the research. The noninvasive technique of investigation of pulse wave velocity (PWV) was used. The reference values of carotid-femoral and carotid-radial PWV in relation of age and gender in nonhypertensive subjects and hypertensive population are described. Dependence of PWV on different clinical markers are shown. Correlations between PWV and left ventricular hypertrophy, PWV and carotid artery intima-media thickness are introduced. Therefore noninvasive technique of assessment of large and medium arterial stiffness can be used for separating patients with vascular modification from general population.
- [Reconstruction of posttraumatic skull and facial bones injuries with the use of perforated titanium plates and meshes]. [English Abstract, Journal Article]
- Voen Med Zh 2012 Dec; 333(12):12-7.
The given way of reconstruction of posttraumatic injuries showed predicted, long-term results and can be recommended for application in specialized establishments on bases of hospitals. Use of the data of computer tomography during the preoperative and postoperative period allows to estimate the volume of missing bone tissue. It also allows to define the volume of autogenous bone required for completion. Allows to define parameters of thickness, height, degree of curvature of autogenous bone, and also to select the optimum size of titanium plate or mesh. Application of perforated titanium plates ams meshes, made of high-purity the titan, allows to correct complex defects of maxillofacial area with minimization of complications in the postoperative period.
- [Organization of surgical care to the wounded in a modern armed conflict: surgical care at the different echelons of care (Report 1)]. [English Abstract, Journal Article, Review]
- Voen Med Zh 2012 Dec; 333(12):4-11.
The main statements of organization of care to the wounded in modern armed conflicts are presented for the aim of an efficient discussion ahead of publishing a new edition of "Guidelines for War Surgery", Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation. Lessons learned from the latest armed conflicts, military reform, development of medical units and medical treatment facilities, as well as appearance of new samples of medical equipment and medical kits approved by the Russian Army resulted in the necessity of changes in surgical care to the wounded.
- [40th anniversary of the 736th Main Center of State Sanitary and Epidemiological Surveillance of the Russian Defense Ministry]. [English Abstract, Historical Article, Journal Article]
- Voen Med Zh 2012 Nov; 333(11):86-90.
In November 2012 736th Main Center of State Sanitary and Epidemiological Supervision of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation celebrates 40th anniversary. It is a multidisciplanary prevention and treatment facility of high level standing at the top of the sanitary-epidemiological institutions of the army and navy. The Main Center is included into a united, centralized system of state sanitary-epidemiological control of Russia with the main purpose--organization and conduction of surveillance and anti-epidemic (preventive) measures in the army and navy. The article provides a consistent presentation of historical perspective of creation and development of the institution and its mission today.
- [Naval Clinical Hospital in Vladivostok--140 years]. [English Abstract, Historical Article, Journal Article]
- Voen Med Zh 2012 Nov; 333(11):82-5.
The history of the oldest medical institution of the Far East--Vladivostok Naval Hospital Clinical Pacific Fleet is presented. The history of Hospital, celebrating 140th anniversary in October 2012, is closely associated with the formation of Pacific Fleet, birth and development of medicine in the Far East. Currently, specialized medical care is administrated in 29 medical departments of the hospital with an annual inspection and treatment of 12-13 thousand people.