Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Stability of CART peptide expression in the nucleus accumbens in aging. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Acta Biol Hung 2015 Mar 1; 66(1):1-13.
- Computational modeling of the N-terminus of the human dopamine transporter and its interaction with PIP2 -containing membranes. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Proteins 2015 Mar 4.
- Obestatin partially suppresses ghrelin stimulation of appetite in "high-responders" in grass carp, Ctenopharyngodon idellus. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 2015 Feb 28.
- Longitudinal analysis of pain and illicit drug use behaviors in outpatients on methadone maintenance. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Drug Alcohol Depend 2015 Feb 17.
- Predominant D1 Receptors Involvement in the Over-expression of CART Peptides after Repeated Cocaine Administration. [Journal Article]
- Korean J Physiol Pharmacol 2015 Mar; 19(2):89-97.
- Need for sedation and analgesia in patients with a history of substance misuse admitted to an intensive care unit. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Nurs Crit Care 2015 Feb 28.
- [Change in the therapeutic strategy when faced with an inadequate response to the pharmacological treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder]. [English Abstract, Journal Article]
- Rev Neurol 2015 Feb 25.:S13-8.
INTRODUCTION.Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a disorder of a biological origin affecting the neurodevelopment of the brain. It is estimated that 3-7% of school-age children present ADHD. The most commonly used pharmacological treatments are amphetamines and methylphenidate (MPH). Although response rates to MPH are high, full remission rates reach only 56%. The 25% of patients who do not respond to MPH would show a response to other stimulants and vice-versa.
AIMS.To clinically evaluate patients by detecting inadequate responses and the efficacy of a change to lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (LDX).
PATIENTS AND METHODS.The study was prospective and observation-based. Inadequate responses were considered to be those that presented non-coverage or no effect. The Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Rating Scale IV (ADHD-RS-IV) and Clinical Global Impression-Severity (CGI-S) assessment scales were used for the clinical assessment, together with the Weiss Functional Impairment Rating Scale (WFIRS) and the Child Health and Illness Profile (CHIP-AE). Data regarding adverse side effects were also collected.
RESULTS.Forty-one patients met criteria for inadequate response to treatment: 13.6 ± 3.4 years, 54.6 ± 13.2 kg, 158.5 ± 17.2 cm and body mass index of 20.9 ± 3.5 kg/m2. Reasons for change (non-exclusive): non-coverage (76%), lack of intensity of effect (68%) and presence of adverse side effects with the previous medication (16%). The mean score both at baseline and at nine months, on the ADHD-RS, was 24.54 ± 6.3 versus 12.01 ± 3.2 (p < 0.01), respectively, and for the CGI-S values were 5.09 ± 0.5 versus 2.91 ± 0.8 (p < 0.01), respectively. The safety profile coincided with that of other stimulant-based treatments for ADHD.
CONCLUSIONS.When the response to MPH presents non-coverage or lack of effect, changing to LDX has proved to be effective, with an improvement in 86.7% of cases, which is similar to that of other studies. It is therefore a good therapeutic option in these patients.
- Associations between driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, speeding and seatbelt use among fatally injured car drivers in Norway. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Accid Anal Prev 2015 Feb 25.:14-19.
- Treatment of toxicity from amphetamines, related derivatives, and analogues: A systematic clinical review. [REVIEW]
- Drug Alcohol Depend 2015 Feb 18.
- [Pharmacological cognitive enhancement from a perspective of misuse and addiction]. [English Abstract, Journal Article]
- Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 2015 Feb; 83(2):83-90.