Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Topical tacrolimus ointment for the treatment of lichen sclerosus, comparing genital and extragenital involvement. [Comparative Study, Journal Article]
- J Dermatol 2012 Feb; 39(2):145-50.
- [Lichen sclerosus in the genitourinary region]. [English Abstract, Journal Article, Review]
- Urologe A 2011 Oct; 50(10):1291-6.
- Recurrent vulvovaginal candidosis: focus on the vulva. [Journal Article]
- Mycoses 2011 Nov; 54(6):e807-10.
- Efficacy, safety and tolerability of green tea catechins in the treatment of external anogenital warts: a systematic review and meta-analysis. [Journal Article, Meta-Analysis, Review]
- J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2011 Mar; 25(3):345-53.
- Pruritus ani as a manifestation of systemic contact dermatitis: resolution with dietary nickel restriction. [Case Reports, Journal Article, Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't]
- Dermatitis 2011 Jan-Feb; 22(1):50-5.
- Lichen simplex chronicus of anogenital region: a clinico-etiological study. [Historical Article, Journal Article]
- Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2011 Jan-Feb; 77(1):28-36.
- A cured patient who came back for consultation: neuropathic scrotal pruritus relieved after ipsilateral inguinal hernia repair. [Case Reports, Journal Article]
- Int J STD AIDS 2010 Sep; 21(9):658-9.
- Case Report of Bullous Pemphigoid following Fundus Fluorescein Angiography. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Case Rep Ophthalmol 2010; 1(1):1-4.
PURPOSE:To report a first case of bullous pemphigoid (BP) following intravenous fluorescein for fundus angiography. Clinical Features: A 70-year-old male patient was admitted to the intensive care unit with BP and sepsis. He reported a history of fundus fluorescein angiography with a pre-diagnosis of senile macular degeneration 2 months prior to presentation. At that time, fluorescein extravasated at the antecubital region. Following the procedure, pruritus and erythema began at the wrists bilaterally, and quickly spread to the entire body. The patient also reported a history of allergy to human albumin solution (Plamasteril(R); Abbott) 15 years before, during bypass surgery. On dermatologic examination, erythematous patches were present on the scalp, chest and anogenital region. Vesicles and bullous lesions were present on upper and lower extremities. On day 2 of hospitalization, tense bullae appeared on the upper and lower extremities. The patient was treated with oral methylprednisolone 48 mg (Prednol(R); Mustafa Nevzat), topical clobetasol dipropionate 0.05% cream (Dermovate(R); Glaxo SmithKline), and topical 4% urea lotion (Excipial Lipo(R); Orva) for presumptive bullous pemphigoid. Skin punch biopsy provided tissue for histopathology, direct immunofluorescence examination, and salt extraction, which were all consistent with BP. After 1 month, the patient was transferred to the intensive care unit with sepsis secondary to urinary tract infection; he died 2 weeks later from sepsis and cardiac failure.
CONCLUSIONS:To our knowledge, this is the first reported case of BP following fundus fluorescein angiography in a patient with known human albumin solution allergy. Consideration should be made to avoid fluorescein angiography, change administration route, or premedicate with antihistamines in patients with known human albumin solution allergy. The association between fundus fluorescein angiography and BP should be further investigated.
- Efficacy of photodynamic therapy in vulvar lichen sclerosus treatment based on immunohistochemical analysis of CD34, CD44, myelin basic protein, and Ki67 antibodies. [Journal Article, Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't]
- Int J Gynecol Cancer 2010 Jul; 20(5):879-87.
- Topical calcineurin inhibitors for the treatment of vulvar dermatoses. [Journal Article, Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't, Review]
- Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2009 Sep; 146(1):22-9.