Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Appendicular Schwannoma Presenting as Acute Appendicitis. [Journal Article]
- Acta Chir Belg 2015 Jul-Aug; 115(4):317-8.
- Burkitt Lymphoma Mimicking an Acute Appendicitis in a 17 Years Old Boy: a Case Report. [Journal Article]
- Acta Chir Belg 2015 Jul-Aug; 115(4):306-9.
- Duodenal Obstruction Caused by Acute Appendicitis with Intestinal Malrotation in a Child. [Journal Article]
- Am J Case Rep 2015.:574-6.
BACKGROUNDIn patients with intestinal malrotation, the diagnosis of acute appendicitis can be difficult due to atypical presentation. Duodenal obstruction caused by acute appendicitis with the presence of malrotation has rarely been reported in children. CASE REPORT We report the case of a 14-year-old male patient with bilious vomiting and abdominal distension. A diagnosis could not be made by computed tomography, ultrasonography, or endoscopy. We observed a dilated stomach and malrotation in laparotomy. The caecum was in the right upper quadrant, and an inflamed appendix was located in the subhepatic region. After the appendectomy, the cecum was mobilized and fixed in the right lower quadrant.
CONCLUSIONSIn children with intestinal malrotation, acute appendicitis can present as duodenal obstruction without abdominal pain, and standard imaging methods can miss the correct diagnosis.
- Comparison of outcomes of laparoscopic intracorporeal knotting technique in patients with complicated and noncomplicated acute appendicitis. [Journal Article]
- Ther Clin Risk Manag 2015.:1213-6.
- Are there reliable indicators predicting post-operative complications in acute appendicitis? [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Pediatr Surg Int 2015 Aug 27.
- A Randomised Assessment of Trainee Doctors' Understanding and Interpretation of Diagnostic Test Results. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- World J Surg 2015 Aug 26.
- Clinical application of real-time tele-ultrasonography in diagnosing pediatric acute appendicitis in the ED. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Am J Emerg Med 2015 Jul 29.
- Emergency Abdominal Operations in the Elderly: A Multivariate Regression Analysis of 430 Consecutive Patients with Acute Abdomen. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- World J Surg 2015 Aug 25.
- [Application of laparoscopy in gastrointestinal abdominal emergency operation for patients over 65 years old]. [English Abstract, Journal Article]
- Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi 2015 Aug 25; 18(8):797-800.
- Abscess After Appendectomy: Predisposing Factors. [Journal Article, Review]
- Adv Surg 2015; 49(1):263-80.