Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Atherosclerosis in rheumatoid arthritis: is it all about inflammation? [REVIEW]
- Nat Rev Rheumatol 2015 Mar 31.
- Animal models of rheumatoid arthritis: How informative are they? [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Eur J Pharmacol 2015 Mar 27.
- Hospitalization rates and utilization among patients with giant cell arteritis: A population-based study from 1987 to 2012. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Semin Arthritis Rheum 2015 Mar 3.
- Canakinumab: A Review of Its Use in the Management of Systemic Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- BioDrugs 2015 Mar 31.
- Serum Levels of Anticyclic Citrullinated Peptide Antibodies, Interleukin-6, Tumor Necrosis Factor- α , and C-Reactive Protein Are Associated with Increased Carotid Intima-Media Thickness: A Cross-Sectional Analysis of a Cohort of Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients without Cardiovascular Risk Factors. [Journal Article]
- Biomed Res Int 2015.:342649.
Results.The anti-CCP positive RA patients showed increased cIMT compared to HC and anti-CCP negative (P < 0.001). Anti-CCP positive versus anti-CCP negative RA patients, had increased AIP, TNFα and IL-6 (P < 0.01), and lower levels of high density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-c) (P = 0.02). The cIMT correlated with levels of anti-CCP (r = 0.513, P = 0.001), CRP (r = 0.799, P < 0.001), TNFα (r = 0.642, P = 0.001), and IL-6 (r = 0.751, P < 0.001). In multiple regression analysis, cIMT was associated with CRP (P < 0.001) and anti-CCP levels (P = 0.03).
Conclusions.Levels of anti-CCP and CRP are associated with increased cIMT and cardiovascular risk supporting a clinical role of the measurement of cIMT in RA in predicting and preventing cardiovascular events.
- Gliotoxin potentiates osteoblast differentiation by inhibiting nuclear factor-κB signaling. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Mol Med Rep 2015 Mar 20.
- Increased Incidence of Atrial Fibrillation in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Biomed Res Int 2015.:809514.
- Lack of Association between JAK3 Gene Polymorphisms and Cardiovascular Disease in Spanish Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Biomed Res Int 2015.:318364.
- On the HUNT for cardiovascular risk factors and disease in patients with psoriatic arthritis: population-based data from the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Ann Rheum Dis 2015 Mar 26.
- Incidence and predisposing factors of periprosthetic proximal femoral fractures: a literature review. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Int Orthop 2015 Mar 27.