Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Congenital left ventricular diverticulum in an adult patient. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 2016 Apr 19.
- Long RP' Tachycardia with Unusual Entrainment Responses: What is the Mechanism? [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 2016 Apr 19.
- Carcinoid Syndrome-Induced Ventricular Tachycardia. [Journal Article]
- Case Rep Cardiol 2016.:9142598.
Introduction.Carcinoid tumors are rare neuroendocrine malignancies that secrete multiple bioactive substances. These bioactive substances are responsible for the carcinoid syndrome characterized by diarrhea, flushing, syncope, and right-sided valvular heart disease. Previous case reports have described carcinoid syndrome associated with coronary vasospasm and the well-characterized carcinoid heart disease. Case. Our patient is a 73-year-old female with complex past medical history most notable for metastatic carcinoid tumors diagnosed in 2013-05. She initially presented in 2014-09 with syncope and dizziness associated with sinus pause on an event monitor. She received a pacemaker given normal left ventricular function and was discharged. However, she was readmitted with similar symptoms corresponding to multiple episodes of ventricular tachycardia. She was started on high-dose beta blockade and has had no recurrence of arrhythmia over a follow-up period of 12 months.
Conclusion.We hypothesize that the patient's ventricular tachycardia was mediated by the multiple bioactive substances secreted by her carcinoid tumors. Her carcinoid tumor biomarkers were elevated and other explanations for arrhythmia were investigated and ruled out. To our knowledge, this is the first case of ventricular tachycardia mediated by carcinoid syndrome and suppressed by beta-blocker. Further investigation into this relationship is needed.
- Prognostic value of tissue Doppler imaging for predicting ventricular arrhythmias and cardiovascular mortality in ischaemic cardiomyopathy. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging 2016 Apr 15.
- Transitory ventricular tachycardia associated with influenza A infection of cardiac conduction tissue. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Infection 2016 Mar 26.
- Contractile effects of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine on the human internal mammary artery. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Toxicol In Vitro 2016 Apr 11.
- Incidence of Sustained Ventricular Tachycardia in Patients with Prolonged QTc After the Administration of Azithromycin: A Retrospective Study. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Drugs Real World Outcomes 2016.:99-105.
- Results of Cryoenergy and Radiofrequency-Based Catheter Ablation for Treating Ventricular Arrhythmias Arising From the Papillary Muscles of the Left Ventricle, Guided by Intracardiac Echocardiography and Image Integration. [Journal Article]
- Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 2016 Apr; 9(4)
- Spot diagnosis of inferior axis and concordant R-pattern predicts left ventricular inflow tract tachycardia: Ablation from the great cardiac vein of an underdiagnosed entity. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Int J Cardiol 2016 Mar 29.:175-179.
- Ventricular Tachycardia and Resembling Acute Coronary Syndrome During Pheochromocytoma Crisis: A Case Report. [Journal Article]
- Medicine (Baltimore) 2016 Apr; 95(14):e3297.