Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- The bacterial alkyltransferase-like (eATL) protein protects mammalian cells against methylating agent-induced toxicity. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- DNA Repair (Amst) 2015 Jan 31.:14-20.
- Clinical outcome, PDGFRβ and KIT expression in feline histiocytic disorders: a multicentre study. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Vet Comp Oncol 2015 Feb 9.
- Impact of 1p/19q codeletion and histology on outcomes of anaplastic gliomas treated with radiation therapy and temozolomide. [Journal Article]
- Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2015 Feb 1; 91(2):268-76.
- Clinical benefit in recurrent glioblastoma from adjuvant NovoTTF-100A and TCCC after temozolomide and bevacizumab failure: a preliminary observation. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Cancer Med 2015 Jan 26.
- Proposed therapeutic strategy for adult low-grade glioma based on aggressive tumor resection. [Journal Article]
- Neurosurg Focus 2015 Jan; 38(1):E7.
METHODSOne hundred fifty-three patients with diagnosed LGG who had undergone resection or biopsy at Tokyo Women's Medical University between January 2000 and August 2010 were analyzed. The patients consisted of 84 men and 69 women, all with ages ≥ 15 years. A total of 146 patients underwent surgical removal of the tumor, and 7 patients underwent biopsy.
RESULTSPostoperative RT and nitrosourea-based chemotherapy were administered in 48 and 35 patients, respectively. Extent of resection was significantly associated with both overall survival (OS; p = 0.0096) and progression-free survival (PFS; p = 0.0007) in patients with diffuse astrocytoma but not in those with oligodendroglial subtypes. Chemotherapy significantly prolonged PFS, especially in patients with oligodendroglial subtypes (p = 0.0009). Patients with a mutant IDH1 gene had significantly longer OS (p = 0.034). Multivariate analysis did not identify MIB-1 index or RT as prognostic factors, but it did identify chemotherapy as a prognostic factor for PFS and EOR as a prognostic factor for OS and PFS.
CONCLUSIONSThe findings demonstrated that EOR was significantly correlated with patient survival; thus, one should aim for maximum tumor resection. In addition, patients with a higher EOR can be safely observed without adjuvant therapy. For patients with partial resection, postoperative chemotherapy should be administered for those with oligodendroglial subtypes, and repeat resection should be considered for those with astrocytic tumors. More aggressive treatment with RT and chemotherapy may be required for patients with a poor prognosis, such as those with diffuse astrocytoma, 1p/19q nondeleted tumors, or IDH1 wild-type oligodendroglial tumors with partial resection.
- Salvage therapy with lomustine for temozolomide refractory recurrent anaplastic astrocytoma: a retrospective study. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Neurooncol 2015 Jan 7.
- Pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and biomarker evaluation of transforming growth factor-β receptor I kinase inhibitor, galunisertib, in phase 1 study in patients with advanced cancer. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Invest New Drugs 2014 Dec 23.
- Enhanced anticancer properties of lomustine in conjunction with docosahexaenoic acid in glioblastoma cell lines. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Neurosurg 2014 Dec 19.:1-10.
- Chemotherapy for Treatment of Grade II Gliomas. [REVIEW]
- Oncology (Williston Park) 2014 Dec 15; 28(12)
- Cardiac Safety of TGF-β Receptor I Kinase Inhibitor LY2157299 Monohydrate in Cancer Patients in a First-in-Human Dose Study. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Cardiovasc Toxicol 2014 Dec 9.