Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Pressure and Friction Injuries in Primary Care. [Journal Article, Review]
- Prim Care 2015 Dec; 42(4):631-44.
- Study of the Etiological Causes of Toe Web Space Lesions in Cairo, Egypt. [Journal Article]
- Dermatol Res Pract 2015.:701489.
Background.The etiology of foot intertrigo is varied. Several pathogens and skin conditions might play a role in toe web space lesions.
Objective.To identify the possible etiological causes of toe web space lesions. Methods. 100 Egyptian patients were enrolled in this study (72 females and 28 males). Their ages ranged from 18 to 79 years. For every patient, detailed history taking, general and skin examinations, and investigations including Wood's light examination, skin scraping for potassium hydroxide test, skin swabs for bacterial isolation, and skin biopsy all were done.
Results.Among the 100 patients, positive Wood's light fluorescence was observed in 24 and positive bacterial growth was observed in 85. With skin biopsy, 52 patients showed features characteristic for eczema, 25 showed features characteristic for fungus, 19 showed features characteristic for callosity, and 3 showed features characteristic for wart while in only 1 patient the features were characteristic for lichen planus.
Conclusion.Toe web space lesions are caused by different etiological factors. The most common was interdigital eczema (52%) followed by fungal infection (25%). We suggest that patients who do not respond to antifungals should be reexamined for another primary or secondary dermatologic condition that may resemble interdigital fungal infection.
- [Risk factors associated with leg erysipelas (cellulitis) in sub-Saharan Africa: A multicentre case-control study]. [English Abstract, Journal Article]
- Ann Dermatol Venereol 2015 Nov; 142(11):633-8.
- Clinical characteristics of patients with lower limb cellulitis and antibiotic usage in Hospital Kuala Lumpur: a 7-year retrospective study. [Journal Article]
- Int J Dermatol 2016 Jan; 55(1):30-5.
- Hyperhidrosis, bromhidrosis, and chromhidrosis: Fold (intertriginous) dermatoses. [Journal Article]
- Clin Dermatol 2015 Jul-Aug; 33(4):483-91.
- Diaper (napkin) dermatitis: A fold (intertriginous) dermatosis. [Journal Article]
- Clin Dermatol 2015 Jul-Aug; 33(4):477-82.
- Streptococcal intertrigo. [Case Reports, Journal Article]
- J Pediatr 2015 May; 166(5):1318.
- A case of intertrigo resistant to treatment--what is your diagnosis? [Journal Article]
- J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 2015 Feb; 13(2):169-71.
- Experience of a year of adult hospital dermatology consultations. [Journal Article]
- Int J Dermatol 2015 Oct; 54(10):1150-6.
- Pruritic intertriginous vesiculopustular eruption. [Case Reports, Journal Article]
- J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 2014 Sep; 12(9):827-30.