Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Sexual absorption of vaginal progesterone: a randomized control trial. [Journal Article]
- Int J Endocrinol 2015.:685281.
Objective.To determine if sexual intercourse reduces absorption of vaginal progesterone gel in women and to determine if progesterone is absorbed by the male during intercourse. Study Design. Prospective, randomized, cross over, controlled study of 20 reproductive-aged women and their male sexual partners randomized to receive vaginal progesterone gel (Crinone 8% gel, Actavis Inc., USA) or placebo cream. Serum progesterone for both male and female partners were measured 10 hours after intercourse. One week later, subjects were crossed over to receive the opposite formulation. In the third week, women used progesterone gel at night and abstained from intercourse.
Results.Serum progesterone was significantly reduced with vaginal progesterone gel + intercourse compared with vaginal progesterone gel + abstinence (P = 0.0075). Men absorbed significant progesterone during intercourse with a female partner using vaginal progesterone gel compared to placebo (P = 0.0008). Conclusion(s). Vaginal progesterone gel is reduced in women after intercourse which may decrease drug efficacy during luteal phase support. Because men absorb low levels of progesterone during intercourse, exposure could cause adverse effects such as decreased libido. This study is registered under Clinical Trial number NCT01959464.
- Assessment of multiple intrauterine gestations from ovarian stimulation (AMIGOS) trial: baseline characteristics. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Fertil Steril 2015 Feb 20.
- Gene expression analysis of VEGF and its receptors and assessment of its serum level in unexplained recurrent spontaneous abortion. [Journal Article]
- Cell J 2015; 16(4):538-45.
- On-label and off-label drug use in the treatment of female infertility. [REVIEW]
- Fertil Steril 2015 Feb 3.
- Discordant embryonic aneuploidy testing and prenatal ultrasonography prompting androgen insensitivity syndrome diagnosis. [Journal Article]
- Obstet Gynecol 2015 Feb; 125(2):383-6.
- Safety of assisted reproductive technology in the United States, 2000-2011. [Journal Article]
- JAMA 2015 Jan 6; 313(1):88-90.
- [Anti-Mullerian hormone in the major phenotypes of polycystic ovary syndrome]. [English Abstract, Journal Article]
- Akush Ginekol (Sofiia) 2014; 53(5):22-7.
- Risk factors for ectopic pregnancy: A case-control study. [Journal Article]
- J Res Med Sci 2014 Sep; 19(9):844-9.
- Abdominal obesity can induce both systemic and follicular fluid oxidative stress independent from polycystic ovary syndrome. [Journal Article, Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't]
- Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2015 Jan.:112-6.
- How do we decide how many embryos are safe for transfer? [Comment, Journal Article]
- Fertil Steril 2014 Dec; 102(6):1565-6.