Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- MECHANISMS IN ENDOCRINOLOGY: Medical consequences of doping with anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS): effects on reproductive functions. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Eur J Endocrinol 2015 Mar 24.
- Prolactin secretion in polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Neuro Endocrinol Lett 2015 Feb 19; 36(1)
- A rare case of primary amenorrhea with two etiologies, hypothalamic amenorrhea, transverse vaginal septum, and no hematocolpos. [Journal Article]
- Case Rep Obstet Gynecol 2015.:989123.
- Ovarian function and reproductive outcomes of female patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and the strategies to preserve their fertility. [Journal Article]
- Obstet Gynecol Surv 2015 Mar; 70(3):196-210.
- Effect of embryo culture media on percentage of males at birth. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Hum Reprod 2015 Mar 6.
- Long-term follow-up of females with unbalanced X;Y translocations-reproductive and nonreproductive consequences. [Journal Article]
- Mol Cytogenet 2015.:13.
- NELF knockout is associated with impaired pubertal development and subfertility. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Mol Cell Endocrinol 2015 Feb 27.:26-36.
- Sexual absorption of vaginal progesterone: a randomized control trial. [Journal Article]
- Int J Endocrinol 2015.:685281.
Objective.To determine if sexual intercourse reduces absorption of vaginal progesterone gel in women and to determine if progesterone is absorbed by the male during intercourse. Study Design. Prospective, randomized, cross over, controlled study of 20 reproductive-aged women and their male sexual partners randomized to receive vaginal progesterone gel (Crinone 8% gel, Actavis Inc., USA) or placebo cream. Serum progesterone for both male and female partners were measured 10 hours after intercourse. One week later, subjects were crossed over to receive the opposite formulation. In the third week, women used progesterone gel at night and abstained from intercourse.
Results.Serum progesterone was significantly reduced with vaginal progesterone gel + intercourse compared with vaginal progesterone gel + abstinence (P = 0.0075). Men absorbed significant progesterone during intercourse with a female partner using vaginal progesterone gel compared to placebo (P = 0.0008). Conclusion(s). Vaginal progesterone gel is reduced in women after intercourse which may decrease drug efficacy during luteal phase support. Because men absorb low levels of progesterone during intercourse, exposure could cause adverse effects such as decreased libido. This study is registered under Clinical Trial number NCT01959464.
- Assessment of multiple intrauterine gestations from ovarian stimulation (AMIGOS) trial: baseline characteristics. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Fertil Steril 2015 Feb 20.
- Gene expression analysis of VEGF and its receptors and assessment of its serum level in unexplained recurrent spontaneous abortion. [Journal Article]
- Cell J 2015; 16(4):538-45.