Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Parvovirus B19 infection presenting with severe erythroid aplastic crisis during pregnancy in a woman with autoimmune hemolytic anemia and alpha-thalassemia trait: a case report. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Med Case Rep 2015; 9(1):58.
- Recombinant human thrombopoietin treatment promotes hematopoiesis recovery in patients with severe aplastic anemia receiving immunosuppressive therapy. [Journal Article]
- Biomed Res Int 2015.:597293.
Objective.To assess the effectiveness of recombinant human thrombopoietin (rhTPO) in severe aplastic anemia (SAA) patients receiving immunosuppressive therapy (IST). Methods. Eighty-eight SAA patients receiving IST from January 2007 to December 2012 were included in this retrospective analysis. Of these, 40 subjects received rhTPO treatment (15000 U, subcutaneously, three times a week). rhTPO treatment was discontinued when the platelet count returned to normal range. Hematologic response, bone marrow megakaryocyte recovery, and time to transfusion independence were compared.
Results.Hematologic response was achieved in 42.5%, 62.5%, and 67.5% of patients receiving rhTPO and 22.9%, 41.6%, and 47.9% of patients not receiving rhTPO at 3, 6, and 9 months after treatment, respectively (P = 0.0665, P = 0.0579, and P = 0.0847, resp.). Subjects receiving rhTPO presented an elevated number of megakaryocytes at 3, 6, and 9 months when compared with those without treatment (P = 0.025, P = 0.021, and P = 0.011, resp.). The time to platelet and red blood cell transfusion independence was shorter in patients who received rhTPO than in those without rhTPO treatment. Overall survival rate presented no differences between the two groups.
Conclusion.rhTPO could improve hematologic response and promote bone marrow recovery in SAA patients receiving IST.
- [Acquired aplastic anemia developing myelodysplastic syndrome/acute myeloid leukemia: clinical analysis of nineteen patients and literatures review]. [English Abstract, Journal Article]
- Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 2015 Mar; 36(3):216-20.
- [Impact of recombinant human thrombopoietin (rhTPO) on short-term response of immunosuppressive therapy in patients with newly diagnosed acquired severe aplastic anemia]. [English Abstract, Journal Article]
- Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 2015 Mar; 36(3):181-5.
- Find-A-Code: how accurate is the international classification of diseases coding system for aplastic anemia? [Editorial]
- Eur J Haematol 2015 May; 94(5):377-8.
- Basal level of Th17 immune response is not enhanced in aplastic amemia. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Cytokine 2015 Apr 2.
- The diagnosis and treatment of aplastic anemia: a review. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Int J Hematol 2015 Apr 3.
- Clinical features and survival of asian pediatric patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria: results from a single center in china. [Journal Article]
- Acta Haematol 2015; 134(1):1-6.
- Diagnosis of fanconi anemia by diepoxybutane analysis. [Journal Article]
- Curr Protoc Hum Genet 2015.:8.7.1-8.7.17.
- Safety and efficacy of indigenous equine antithymocyte globulin along with cyclosporine in subjects with acquired aplastic anemia. [Journal Article]
- Indian J Hematol Blood Transfus 2015 Jun; 31(2):174-9.