Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Liver transplantation and hepatitis B virus infection: toward an immunoglobulin-free antiviral treatment after transplantation. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Curr Opin Organ Transplant 2016 Feb 6.
- Lower Viral Response to Pegylated Interferon Alpha 2a Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis B in Roma People in Eastern Slovakia. [Journal Article]
- Gastroenterol Res Pract 2016.:8682494.
Aim.To evaluate the compliance and virological response to pegylated interferon alpha 2a treatment of chronic hepatitis B in Roma population compared to majority Caucasian population in Slovakia. Methods. Retrospective evaluation of a cohort of all Roma patients treated with pegylated interferon alpha 2a from 2007 to 2013 in 3 centers for treatment of chronic viral hepatitis B. The Study included 43 Roma patients with chronic viral hepatitis B and randomly selected control group. Treatment duration was 48 weeks. Viral response was evaluated after 24 weeks, at the end of treatment, and 24 weeks after the end of treatment.
Results.Complete treatment course was finished by 79.1% of Roma patients compared to all patients from the control group (p = 0.0009). There was a tendency toward lower viral response rate in Roma at all time points; however significant difference was only at end of treatment viral response (51.2% Roma versus 81.4% majority, p = 0.003). We also did not find significant difference at the rate of HBsAg loss.
Conclusion.Roma patients with chronic hepatitis B have significantly worse compliance to treatment with pegylated interferon and they have significantly lower rate of end of treatment viral response.
- Structural and biochemical analysis of Bcl-2 interaction with the hepatitis B virus protein HBx. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2016 Feb 8.
- Analysis of hepatitis B virus genotype changes in patients with chronic hepatitis B infection on tenofovir therapy. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Med Virol 2016 Feb 9.
- Safety of ustekinumab in severe psoriasis with chronic hepatitis B. [LETTER]
- Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2016 Feb 9.
- Knowledge and practices of infection control among healthcare workers in a Tertiary Referral Center in North-Western Nigeria. [Journal Article]
- Ann Afr Med 2016 Jan-Mar; 15(1):34-40.
- Seroprevalence of hepatitis B virus serological markers among pregnant Nigerian women. [Journal Article]
- Ann Afr Med 2016 Jan-Mar; 15(1):20-7.
- Genetic variants of mannose-binding lectin 2 gene influence progression and prognosis of patients with hepatitis B virus infection in China. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol 2016 Feb 5.
- Insight to changing morphologic patterns of glomerulopathy in adult Pakistani patients: an institutional perspective. [Journal Article]
- BMC Res Notes 2016; 9(1):73.
- Tumor Necrosis Factor-Related Apoptosis-Inducing Ligand Gene Polymorphisms and Hepatitis B Virus Infection. [Journal Article]
- Jundishapur J Microbiol 2015 Nov; 8(11):e23578.