Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Lurasidone: The 2016 update on the pharmacology, efficacy and safety profile. [REVIEW, JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Pharmacol Rep 2016 Apr 22; 68(4):748-755.
- Primary Hypothyroidism with Markedly High Prolactin. [Journal Article]
- Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 2016.:35.
- Gigantomastia and Macroprolactinemia Responding to Cabergoline Treatment: A Case Report and Minireview of the Literature. [Journal Article]
- Case Rep Endocrinol 2016.:3576024.
Background.Macroprolactinemia is defined as predominance of high molecular weight prolactin forms in the circulation. Although macroprolactin is considered as a biologically inactive molecule, some authorities suggest treatment in symptomatic cases. Gigantomastia is defined as excess breast tissue and most cases in the literature were treated by surgical intervention. Case. A 44-year-old woman was admitted to our clinic with gigantomastia and galactorrhea. The patient had a demand for surgical therapy. In laboratory examination, she had hyperprolactinemia and macroprolactinemia. Pituitary imaging revealed 6 mm microadenoma in right side of the hypophysis. Since she was symptomatic, cabergolin treatment was started. Macroprolactin became negative, breast circumference decreased significantly, and galactorrhea resolved after treatment.
Conclusion.Gigantomastia might be the presenting symptom in patients with macroprolactinemia. In these patients medical treatment with cabergoline may be used initially as an alternative to surgical approach.
- Serum prolactin as a biomarker for the study of intracerebral dopamine effect in adult patients with phenylketonuria: a cross-sectional monocentric study. [Journal Article]
- Eur J Med Res 2016; 21(1):22.
- Opioid endocrinopathy: A clinical problem in patients with cancer pain. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Exp Ther Med 2016 May; 11(5):1819-1822.
- 18β-Glycyrrhetinic Acid, a Novel Naturally Derived Agent, Suppresses Prolactin Hyperactivity and Reduces Antipsychotic-Induced Hyperprolactinemia in In Vitro and In Vivo Models. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Neurochem Res 2016 May 9.
- ROHHAD Syndrome: The Girl who Forgets to Breathe. [Journal Article]
- Indian Pediatr 2016 Apr 8; 53(4):343-4.
- Primary Hypothyroidism with an Exceptionally High Prolactin - A Really Big Deal. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- World Neurosurg 2016 May 4.
- Hyperprolactinemia induced by hCG leads to metabolic disturbances in female mice. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Endocrinol 2016 May 6.
- Gynecomastia and hormones. [REVIEW, JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Endocrine 2016 May 4.