(Intercourse, painful) articles in PubMed
- [Quality of life after extensive pelvic surgery]. [Journal Article]
- Rozhl Chir 2016; 95(9):358-462RC
- CONCLUSIONS: Long-term quality of life in survivors of pelvic exenteration for rectal cancer is comparable with reported results following primary rectal cancer resection with the exception of the sexual function. The quality of life gradually improves in the course of weeks to months from the surgery.
- Distal corporoplasty for distal cylinders extrusion after penile prosthesis implantation. [Journal Article]
- Urologia 2016 Sep 3; :0U
- CONCLUSIONS: Distal extrusion of cylinders is a potential complication of the penile prosthesis implantation. Distal corporoplasty was first described by Mulcahy. He reported a series of 14 patients with a follow-up of about 2 years with optimal functional outcomes. Moreover, distal corporoplasty resulted in shorter operative time, better function, less pain, and fewer recurrences than Gortex windsock repair.10 In our experience, distal corporoplasty is a simple and safe procedure in the treatment of distal cylinders extrusion when the prosthetic material is not exposed to the exterior.
- Dyspareunia and depressive symptoms are associated with impaired sexual functioning in women with endometriosis, whereas sexual functioning in their male partners is not affected. [Journal Article]
- Hum Reprod 2016 Sep 12HR
- CONCLUSIONS: Dyspareunia and depressive symptoms are associated with impaired sexual functioning in women with endometriosis, whereas sexual functioning in their male partners is not affected.Patient recruitment was performed in one tertiary care centre and to a lesser extent one general hospital, possibly leading to an over-representation of patients with more severe endometriosis. All participating women had a partner and are therefore 'survivors' in relationship terms. This may have led to an underestimation of the impact of endometriosis on sexual functioning.It would be worthwhile to further explore the role of depressive symptoms in women with symptomatic endometriosis and to assess the effect of treatment of depressive symptoms on sexual functioning and quality of life. The fact that the partners did not report impaired sexual functioning could be a reassuring thought to women that might be discussed in the consulting room.
- Modifications in Sexual Behaviour during Pregnancy and Postpartum: Related Factors. [Journal Article]
- West Indian Med J 2016 Mar 10WI
- CONCLUSIONS: A deep understanding of the changes in sexuality during pregnancy and postpartum is needed to provide couples with information about the normal aspects of their sexuality and to detect sexual dysfunction in these periods.
- Sexual Activity After Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Systemic Review of the Outcomes. [Journal Article]
- J Arthroplasty 2016 Aug 11JA
- CONCLUSIONS: The outcomes of this systemic review suggest that THA is associated with improved sexual activities and is an important topic for patients. However, surgeons may spend less time than is desired by the patients on this subject pre- and post-THA.
- Maternal morbidity associated with violence and maltreatment from husbands and in-laws: findings from Indian slum communities. [Journal Article]
- Reprod Health 2016; 13:109RH
- CONCLUSIONS: After adjusting for ILV and IPV, peripregnancy GBHM remained significantly associated with multiple forms of maternal morbidity, suggesting that GBHM is a prevalent and reliable indicator of maternal health risk.
- Prognostic factors for long-term quality of life after adjuvant radiotherapy in women with endometrial cancer. [Journal Article]
- Strahlenther Onkol 2016 Sep 7SO
- CONCLUSIONS: RT technique and acute toxicities are prognostic for the extent of chronic symptoms and long-term QoL. Sexuality is important even at a higher age. Few patients use the VD and a reduction of subjective vaginal shortening/tightness was not achieved.
- Superficial Dorsal Venous Rupture of the Penis - False Penile Fracture That Needs to be Treated as a True Urologic Emergency. [Journal Article]
- Urology 2016 Aug 29U
- A 39-year old man with history of repaired penile fracture presented with rapid detumescence, penile pain and ecchymosis during intercourse concerned for recurrent fracture. Surgical exploration reve...
A 39-year old man with history of repaired penile fracture presented with rapid detumescence, penile pain and ecchymosis during intercourse concerned for recurrent fracture. Surgical exploration revealed ruptured superficial dorsal vein of the penis, that was subsequently ligated. Patients with traumatic penile vascular injuries often present with clinical features indistinguishable from a true penile fracture. Gradual detumescence and an absence of characteristic popping sound may indicate a vascular injury but they cannot safely rule out a true penile fracture. Both true and false penile fractures require emergent surgical exploration and repair to prevent long-term complications.
- Consequences of gynecological cancer in patients and their partners from the sexual and psychological perspective. [Review]
- Prz Menopauzalny 2016; 15(2):112-6PM
- The diagnosis of gynecological cancer and the following consequences of the treatment radically change the lives of cancer patients and their partners. Women experience negative consequences in terms...
The diagnosis of gynecological cancer and the following consequences of the treatment radically change the lives of cancer patients and their partners. Women experience negative consequences in terms of sexual, psychological and social functioning. Surgical treatment may result in a decrease in sexual pleasure and pain during intercourse. Chemotherapy and radiotherapy can cause a loss of libido and negatively affect the capacity to experience pleasure or orgasm. Treatment-related changes may include the occurrence of body image disorders, decreased quality of life as well as depressive and anxiety disorders among patients. Furthermore, a negative influence on the relationship between the affected women and their partners, as well as an adverse effect on the social activity, can be observed. Cancer is not an individual experience. It also affects partners of the sick women in terms of psychological and sexual functioning. This article depicts possible problems encountered by cancer patients and their partners from the psychological and sexual perspective. The emphasis is put on understanding sexuality not only in the context of sexual performance, but also in a wider perspective.
New Search Next
- Local oestrogen for vaginal atrophy in postmenopausal women. [Review]
- Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2016; (8):CD001500CD
- CONCLUSIONS: There was no evidence of a difference in efficacy between the various intravaginal oestrogenic preparations when compared with each other. However, there was low-quality evidence that intra-vaginal oestrogenic preparations improve the symptoms of vaginal atrophy in postmenopausal women when compared to placebo. There was low-quality evidence that oestrogen cream may be associated with an increase in endometrial thickness compared to oestrogen ring; this may have been due to the higher doses of cream used. However there was no evidence of a difference in the overall body of evidence in adverse events between the various oestrogenic preparations compared with each other or with placebo.