Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- A Workshop for Educating Nurses to Address Sexual Health in Patients With Breast Cancer. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Clin J Oncol Nurs 2015 Jun 1; 19(3):248-250.
- The relationship between fibromyalgia and pressure pain threshold in patients with dyspareunia. [Journal Article]
- Pain Res Manag 2015 May-Jun; 20(3):137-40.
- Assessment of pain and stress intensity among women with ovarian endometriomas versus teratomas. [Journal Article]
- Pain Res Manag 2015 May-Jun; 20(3):133-6.
- Sexual function in adult patients with classic bladder exstrophy: A multicenter study. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Pediatr Urol 2015 Mar 12.
- "You have to go through it and have your children": reproductive experiences among women with vulvodynia. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2015 May 15; 15(1):114.
- Are Primary and Secondary Provoked Vestibulodynia Two Different Entities? A Comparison of Pain, Psychosocial, and Sexual Characteristics. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Sex Med 2015 May 11.
- Evaluation and Treatment of Penile Thrombophlebitis (Mondor's Disease). [Journal Article]
- Curr Urol Rep 2015 Jun; 16(6):512.
- Laparoscopic Double Discoid Resection With Circular Stapler For Bowel Endometriosis. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Minim Invasive Gynecol 2015 Apr 29.
- Resolution of internal carotid dissection with middle cerebral artery occlusion in pregnancy. [Journal Article]
- Case Rep Neurol Med 2015.:398261.
Introduction.Cervical artery dissection (CAD) is a common cause of stroke in younger patients. While the incidence of stroke in pregnancy is increasing, CAD remains a rare cause of ischemic stroke in the pregnant population, with only 30 cases described in the literature, most in the postpartum period. Methods. The case of a pregnant patient at 18 weeks of gestation presenting with CAD and ischemic stroke following intercourse is discussed. Discussion. CAD results from an intimal tear in the carotid artery, allowing accumulation of blood in the vessel wall. Stroke results from embolization of thrombogenic material in the wall. Etiology includes minor trauma, connective tissue disorders, or anatomic variations of the carotid artery. Most patients present with headache and/or neck pain, while ischemic symptoms are seen in at least 50% of patients. In the pregnant population, imaging with MRI or MRA of the head and neck aids in diagnosis. Once the diagnosis is made, patients are treated with either anticoagulation or antiplatelet medications. The optimal treatment in both pregnant and nonpregnant patients has not been well-studied.
Conclusion.CAD is an important diagnosis to consider in a pregnant patient with persistent headache, especially if neurological symptoms are present. Imaging should be quickly obtained so treatment can be initiated.
- Welfare in horse breeding. [Journal Article]
- Vet Rec 2015 Apr 25; 176(17):436-40.