Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Raised venous lactate and markers of intestinal translocation are associated with mortality amongst in-patients with HIV-associated TB in rural South Africa. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2015 Jul 16.
- Intestinal tuberculosis previously mistreated as Crohn's disease and complicated with perforation: a case report and literature review. [Journal Article]
- Springerplus 2015.:326.
- Practical Management of HIV-Associated Anemia in Resource-Limited Settings: Prospective Observational Evaluation of a New Mozambican Guideline. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 2015 Jul 15.
- The features of intestinal tuberculosis by contrast-enhanced ultrasound. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Jpn J Radiol 2015 Jul 15.
- Prophylactic Ozone Administration Reduces Intestinal Mucosa Injury Induced by Intestinal Ischemia-Reperfusion in the Rat. [Journal Article]
- Mediators Inflamm 2015.:792016.
Objectives.Intestinal ischemia-reperfusion injury is associated with mucosal damage and has a high rate of mortality. Various beneficial effects of ozone have been shown. The aim of the present study was to show the effects of ozone in ischemia reperfusion model in intestine. Material and
Method.Twenty eight Wistar rats were randomized into four groups with seven rats in each group. Control group was administered serum physiologic (SF) intraperitoneally (ip) for five days. Ozone group was administered 1 mg/kg ozone ip for five days. Ischemia Reperfusion (IR) group underwent superior mesenteric artery occlusion for one hour and then reperfusion for two hours. Ozone + IR group was administered 1 mg/kg ozone ip for five days and at sixth day IR model was applied. Rats were anesthetized with ketamine∖xyzlazine and their intracardiac blood was drawn completely and they were sacrificed. Intestinal tissue samples were examined under light microscope. Levels of superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase (CAT), glutathioneperoxidase (GSH-Px), malondyaldehide (MDA), and protein carbonyl (PCO) were analyzed in tissue samples. Total oxidant status (TOS), and total antioxidant capacity (TAC) were analyzed in blood samples. Data were evaluated statistically by Kruskal Wallis test.
Results.In the ozone administered group, degree of intestinal injury was not different from the control group. IR caused an increase in intestinal injury score. The intestinal epithelium maintained its integrity and decrease in intestinal injury score was detected in Ozone + IR group. SOD, GSH-Px, and CAT values were high in ozone group and low in IR. TOS parameter was highest in the IR group and the TAC parameter was highest in the ozone group and lowest in the IR group.
Conclusion.In the present study, IR model caused an increase in intestinal injury.In the present study, ozone administration had an effect improving IR associated tissue injury. In the present study, ozone therapy prevented intestine from ischemia reperfusion injury. It is thought that the therapeutic effect of ozone is associated with increase in antioxidant enzymes and protection of cells from oxidation and inflammation.
- Abdominal Tuberculosis: A Diagnostic Dilemma. [Journal Article]
- J Clin Diagn Res 2015 May; 9(5):EC01-3.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease Cohort Studies in Korea: Present and Future. [Journal Article, Review]
- Intest Res 2015 Jul; 13(3):213-8.
- Subcutaneous abscess at epidural catheter insertion site in a patient with intestinal tuberculosis. [LETTER]
- J Clin Anesth 2015 Jun 22.
- Clinical conditions associated withintestinal strongyloidiasis in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. [Journal Article]
- Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 2015 May-Jun; 48(3):321-5.
- Tuberculosis and Crohn's Disease Revisited. [Journal Article]
- J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 2015 Jun; 25(6):443-8.