Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Covered versus Uncovered Self-Expandable Metal Stents for Managing Malignant Distal Biliary Obstruction: A Meta-Analysis. [Journal Article]
- PLoS One 2016; 11(2):e0149066.
- Contemporary reproductive outcomes for patients with polycystic ovary syndrome: a retrospective observational study. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2016 Feb 9.:jc20152682.
- A CHALLENGING CASE OF SEVERE INFANTILE CHOLESTASIS IN ALPHA-1 ANTITRYPSIN DEFICIENCY. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Pediatr Dev Pathol 2016 Feb 8.
- Acute obstructive suppurative pancreatic ductitis after endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography in a patient with carcinoma of the pancreatic head:a case report. [Journal Article]
- Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi 2016; 113(2):289-95.
- Seven novel mutations of the SMPD1 gene in four Chinese patients with Niemann-Pick disease type A and prenatal diagnosis for four fetuses. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Eur J Med Genet 2016 Feb 3.
- [Neonatal cholestasis]. [JOURNAL ARTICLE, ENGLISH ABSTRACT]
- Arch Pediatr 2016 Feb 2.
- Using Automatic Item Generation to Improve the Quality of MCQ Distractors. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Teach Learn Med 2016 Feb 5.:0.
- Neonatal Jaundice with Splenomegaly: Not a Common Pick. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Fetal Pediatr Pathol 2016 Feb 4.:1-4.
- Plastic Biliary Stent Migration During Multiple Stents Placement and Successful Endoscopic Removal Using Intra-Stent Balloon Inflation Technique: A Case Report and Literature Review. [Journal Article]
- Am J Case Rep 2016.:65-9.
BACKGROUNDLate migration of a plastic biliary stent after endoscopic placement is a well known complication, but there is little information regarding migration of a plastic stent during multiple stents placement. CASE REPORT A white man was hospitalized for severe jaundice due to neoplastic hilar stenosis. Surgical eligibility appeared unclear on admission and endoscopy was carried out, but the first stent migrated proximally at the time of second stent insertion. After failed attempts with various devices, the migrated stent was removed successfully through cannulation with a dilation balloon.
CONCLUSIONSThe migration of a plastic biliary stent during multiple stents placement is a possible complication. In this context, extraction can be very complicated. In our patient, cannulation of a stent with a dilation balloon was the only effective method.
- The natural history of recent hepatitis C virus infection among blood donors and injection drug users in the country of Georgia. [Journal Article]
- Virol J 2016; 13(1):22.