Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android.
Kneipp cure [keywords]
- [The cold water cure of the parish priest Kneipp and the development of natural medicine in the nineteenth century]. [Historical Article, Journal Article]
- Rev Soc Fr Hist Hop 2006 Dec; (123-124):64-7.
- [New findings about Priessnitz from the unknown Vinzenz Priessnitz Familien-Wasserbuch from 1847]. [Biography, English Abstract, Historical Article, Journal Article, Portraits]
- Forsch Komplementarmed Klass Naturheilkd 2002 Apr; 9(2):85-98.
The large scope of therapies that Priessnitz used for his cure treatments in Gräfenberg completely fell into oblivion. More than 50 different applications of water, partly created by Priessnitz, dietary therapy for every patient, a lot of physical exercise, air as well as sun baths, improvement of fitness, and a regular life style were included in Priessnitz' treatments. He treated a variety of indications, not only chronic but also severe acute ones. The Vinzenz Priessnitz'sche Familien-Wasserbuch is a real treasury of forgotten facts about the genius who was the first to rediscover and remodel hydrotherapy before Kneipp.
- [Water as elixir of life and cure]. [Biography, Historical Article, Journal Article, Portraits]
- Lakartidningen 2001 Nov 14; 98(46):5218-21.
- [Secretory performance of eccrine sweat glands from the nephrologic viewpoint]. [English Abstract, Journal Article]
- Z Gesamte Inn Med 1987 May 1; 42(9):242-5.
The question is of nephrological interest, whether the secretory product of eccrine sudoriferous glands apart from the well known function for thermoregulation is useful as excretory product for the therapy of renal insufficiency. In 17 healthy subjects and 39 patients with renal insufficiency thermal sweat was obtained by exposition in the sauna and four-tub bath. Control of the trainability of sweating in 23 patients during six weeks in the Kneipp cure sanatory. For the daily fluid balance remarkable quantities of sweat could be achieved. The sweat performance is trainable. The content of soluta in the sweat of patients with renal insufficiency surmounts that of healthy test persons. The excretion of nitrogen metabolites, electrolytes and acidity is quantitatively different and is analysed individually. Apart from the reliable methods of the conservative and invasive therapy of the uraemia the thermically stimulated sweating can be recommended as an adjuvant therapeutic regime.
- [Physiological reactivity in the Kneipp cure, exemplified by reaction of blood pressure]. [Journal Article]
- Medizinische 1954 Jan 23.:122-3.
- [Changes of the neurovegetative skin tonus by the effect of the Kneipp cure]. [Journal Article]
- Munch Med Wochenschr 1953 Mar 13; 95(11):308-11.