Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Draft Genome Sequence of the Lactobacillus mucosae Strain Marseille. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Genome Announc 2015; 3(4)
- Draft Genome Sequence of the Lactobacillus agilis Strain Marseille. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Genome Announc 2015; 3(4)
- The Emerging Role of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging in the Evaluation of Metabolic Cardiomyopathies. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Horm Metab Res 2015 Jul 21.
- Interventions Targeting Child Undernutrition in Developing Countries May Be Undermined by Dietary Exposure to Aflatoxin. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 2015 Jul 15.:0.
- Depression of neutrophil function followed by severe infection in a child with Marasmic Kwashiorkor. [Journal Article]
- Prilozi 2015; 36(1):191-5.
- Treatment Outcome of Severe Acute Malnutrition Cases at the Tamale Teaching Hospital. [Journal Article]
- J Nutr Metab 2015.:641784.
Objective.This study investigated the treatment outcomes and determinant factors likely to be associated with recovery rate. Methods. A retrospective chart review (RCR) was performed on 348 patients who were enrolled in the outpatient care (OPC) during the study period.
Results.Of the 348 cases, 33.6% recovered (having MUAC ≥125 mm), 49.1% defaulted, and 11.5% transferred to other OPC units to continue with treatment. There were 187 (53.7%) males and 161 (46.3%) females with severe malnutrition. The average weight gain rate was 28 g/kg/day. Controlling for other factors, patients who completed the treatment plan had 3.2 times higher probability of recovery from severe acute malnutrition (SAM) as compared to patients who defaulted (adjusted odds ratio (AOR) = 3.2, 95% CI = 1.9, 5.3, and p < 0.001). The children aged 24-59 months had 5.8 times higher probability of recovery from SAM as compared to children aged 6-11 months (AOR = 5.8, 95% CI = 2.5, 10.6, and p < 0.001).
Conclusions.Cure rate was low and the default rate was quite high. Children who were diagnosed as having marasmus on admission stayed longer before recovery than their kwashiorkor counterparts. Younger children were of greater risk of nonrecovery.
- Letter to the editor. Defence of my hypothesis that the oedema of kwashiorkor is caused by hypoalbuminaemia. [Comment, Letter]
- Paediatr Int Child Health 2015 May; 35(2):164.
- Mortality and morbidity patterns in under-five children with severe acute malnutrition (SAM) in Zambia: a five-year retrospective review of hospital-based records (2009-2013). [Journal Article]
- Arch Public Health 2015; 73(1):23.
- Niacin metabolism and indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase activation in malnourished patients with flaky paint dermatosis. [Journal Article, Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't]
- Nutrition 2015 Jun; 31(6):890-2.
- Social, dietary and clinical correlates of oedema in children with severe acute malnutrition: a cross-sectional study. [Journal Article, Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't]
- BMC Pediatr 2015.:25.