Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Personalized Oncogenomics: Clinical Experience with Malignant Peritoneal Mesothelioma Using Whole Genome Sequencing. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- PLoS One 2015; 10(3):e0119689.
- Unusual Appearance of Malignant Peritoneal Mesothelioma. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Comput Assist Tomogr 2015 Mar 19.
- Peritoneal Carcinomatosis: Intraoperative Parameters in Open (Coliseum) versus Closed Abdomen Hipec. [Journal Article]
- Int J Surg Oncol 2015.:610597.
Background.Peritoneal carcinomatosis (PC) is associated with a poor prognosis. Cytoreductive surgery (CRS) and HIPEC play an important role in well-selected patients with PC. The aim of the study is to present the differences in the intraoperative parameters in patients who received HIPEC in two different manners, open versus closed abdomen. Patients and Methods. The population includes 105 patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis from colorectal, gastric, and ovarian cancer, sarcoma, mesothelioma, and pseudomyxoma peritonei. Group A (n = 60) received HIPEC using the open technique and Group B (n = 45) received HIPEC with the closed technique. The main end points were morbidity, mortality, and overall hospital stay.
Results.There were two postoperative deaths (3.3%) in the open group versus no deaths in the closed group. Twenty-two patients in the open group (55%) had grade III-IV complications versus 18 patients in the closed group (40%). There are more stable intraoperative conditions in the closed abdomen HIPEC in CVP, pulse rate, and systolic pressure parameters.
Conclusions.Both methods are equal in the HIPEC procedures. Perhaps the closed method is the method of choice for frail patients due to more stable hemodynamic parameters.
- Immunohistochemical Evaluation of Minichromosome Maintenance Protein 7 (MCM7), Topoisomerase IIα, and Ki-67 in Diffuse Malignant Peritoneal Mesothelioma Patients Using Tissue Microarray. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Ann Surg Oncol 2015 Mar 17.
- [Peritoneal mesothelioma unmasked by an acute appendicitis]. [LETTER]
- Gastroenterol Hepatol 2015 Mar 9.
- Poorly Differentiated Neoplasms of Unknown Primary Site: Diagnostic Usefulness of a Molecular Cancer Classifier Assay. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Mol Diagn Ther 2015 Mar 11.
- Differential Susceptibility of Human Pleural and Peritoneal Mesothelial Cells to Asbestos Exposure. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Cell Biochem 2015 Mar 10.
- Peritoneal metastases: challenges for the surgeon. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Minerva Chir 2015 Mar 10.
- Changing pattern in malignant mesothelioma survival. [Journal Article]
- Transl Oncol 2015 Feb; 8(1):35-9.
- Complicated benign cystic mesothelioma of mesoappendix misdiagnosed as an appendiceal abscess in a postpartum period woman. [Journal Article]
- Ann Surg Treat Res 2015 Mar; 88(3):170-3.