Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Nipple discharge. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- CMAJ 2015 Mar 2.
- Retrospective analysis of pathologic nipple discharge. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Genet Mol Res 2015; 14(1):1443-1449.
- Breast MRI in patients with unilateral bloody and serous-bloody nipple discharge: a comparison with galactography. [Journal Article]
- Biomed Res Int 2015.:806368.
Purpose.Assessing the role of breast MRI compared to galactography in patients with unilateral bloody or serous-bloody nipple discharge. Materials and Methods. Retrospective study including 53 unilateral discharge patients who performed galactography and MRI. We evaluated the capability of both techniques in identifying pathology and distinguishing between nonmalignant and malignant lesions. Lesions BIRADS 1/2 underwent follow-up, while the histological examination after surgery has been the gold standard to assess pathology in lesions BIRADS 3/4/5. The ROC analysis was used to test diagnostic MRI and galactography ability.
Results.After surgery and follow-up, 8 patients had no disease (15%), 23 papilloma (43%), 11 papillomatosis (21%), 5 ductal cancer in situ (10%), and 6 papillary carcinoma (11%) diagnoses. Both techniques presented 100% specificity; MRI sensitivity was 98% versus 49% of galactography. Considering MRI, we found a statistical association between mass enhancement and papilloma (P < 0.001; AUC 0.957; CI 0.888-1.025), ductal enhancement and papillomatosis (P < 0.001; AUC 0.790; CI 0.623-0.958), segmental enhancement and ductal cancer in situ (P = 0.007; AUC 0.750; CI 0.429-1.071), and linear enhancement and papillary cancer (P = 0.011).
Conclusions.MRI is a valid tool to detect ductal pathologies in patients with suspicious bloody or serous-bloody discharge showing higher sensitivity and specificity compared to galactography.
- Primary care management of the female patient presenting with nipple discharge. [Journal Article]
- Nurse Pract 2015 Mar 12; 40(3):1-6.
- The Experience of Breastfeeding the Late Preterm Infant: A Qualitative Study. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Breastfeed Med 2015 Feb 3.
- Florid papillomatosis of the nipple: A rare presentation and review of the literature. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Breast Dis 2015 Jan 13.
- Teenage pregnancy and exclusive breastfeeding rates. [Journal Article]
- J Med Assoc Thai 2014 Sep; 97(9):893-8.
- Emotionally induced galactorrhoea in a non-lactating female--"Pseudo- Lactation"? [Journal Article]
- BMC Endocr Disord 2014.:98.
- Improving ductoscopy with duct lavage and duct brushing. [Journal Article]
- Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 2014; 35(5):548-53.
- Predictors of breastfeeding problems in the first postnatal week and its effect on exclusive breastfeeding rate at six months: experience in a tertiary care centre in Northern India. [Journal Article]
- Indian J Public Health 2014 Oct-Dec; 58(4):270-3.