Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Nipple adenoma in a female patient presenting with persistent erythema of the right nipple skin: case report, review of the literature, clinical implications, and relevancy to health care providers who evaluate and treat patients with dermatologic conditions of the breast skin. [Journal Article]
- BMC Dermatol 2016; 16(1):4.
- Gigantomastia and Macroprolactinemia Responding to Cabergoline Treatment: A Case Report and Minireview of the Literature. [Journal Article]
- Case Rep Endocrinol 2016.:3576024.
Background.Macroprolactinemia is defined as predominance of high molecular weight prolactin forms in the circulation. Although macroprolactin is considered as a biologically inactive molecule, some authorities suggest treatment in symptomatic cases. Gigantomastia is defined as excess breast tissue and most cases in the literature were treated by surgical intervention. Case. A 44-year-old woman was admitted to our clinic with gigantomastia and galactorrhea. The patient had a demand for surgical therapy. In laboratory examination, she had hyperprolactinemia and macroprolactinemia. Pituitary imaging revealed 6 mm microadenoma in right side of the hypophysis. Since she was symptomatic, cabergolin treatment was started. Macroprolactin became negative, breast circumference decreased significantly, and galactorrhea resolved after treatment.
Conclusion.Gigantomastia might be the presenting symptom in patients with macroprolactinemia. In these patients medical treatment with cabergoline may be used initially as an alternative to surgical approach.
- Male Breast Abscess Secondary to Actinomycosis: A Case Report. [Journal Article]
- J Clin Diagn Res 2016 Apr; 10(4):TD05-7.
- Do LORIS Trial Eligibility Criteria Identify a Ductal Carcinoma In Situ Patient Population at Low Risk of Upgrade to Invasive Carcinoma? [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Ann Surg Oncol 2016 May 12.
- Primary Hypothyroidism with an Exceptionally High Prolactin - A Really Big Deal. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- World Neurosurg 2016 May 4.
- Intracystic Papillary Carcinoma of the Breast in a Male Patient. [Journal Article]
- Rare Tumors 2016 Mar 21; 8(1):6050.
- Nodular Fasciitis of the Breast. [Journal Article]
- Iran J Radiol 2016 Jan; 13(1):e18774.
- Evaluation of Risk Factors Associated with Endometriosis in Infertile Women. [Journal Article]
- Int J Fertil Steril 2016 Apr-Jun; 10(1):11-21.
- Breast Pain: Clinical Pattern and Aetiology in a Breast Clinic in Eastern Nigeria. [Journal Article]
- Niger J Surg 2016 Jan-Jun; 22(1):9-11.
- Challenges in Diagnosis and Management of Paget's Disease of the Breast-a Retrospective Study. [Journal Article]
- Indian J Surg 2015 Dec; 77(Suppl 3):1083-7.