Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Effects of Levosimendan on Isolated Human Internal Mammary Artery and Saphenous Vein: Concurrent Use with Conventional Vasodilators. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Fundam Clin Pharmacol 2016 Feb 3.
- Endothelium-Independent Hypoxic Contraction Is Prevented Specifically by Nitroglycerin via Inhibition of Akt Kinase in Porcine Coronary Artery. [Journal Article]
- Stem Cells Int 2016.:2916017.
Objective.Hypoxia-induced sustained contraction of porcine coronary artery is endothelium-independent and mediated by PI3K/Akt/Rho kinase. Nitroglycerin (NTG) is a vasodilator used to treat angina pectoris and acute heart failure. The present study was to determine the role of NTG in hypoxia-induced endothelium-independent contraction and the underlying mechanism. Methods and
Results.Organ chamber technique was used to measure the isometric vessel tension of isolated porcine coronary arteries. Protein levels of phosphorylated and total Akt were determined by western blot. A sustained contraction of porcine coronary arteries induced by hypoxia was significantly reduced by NTG but not by isoproterenol. This contraction was also inhibited by DETA NONOate, 8-Br-cGMP, which can be reversed by ODQ, and Rp-8-Br-PET-cGMPS. The restored contraction was blocked by LY294002. The reduction of Akt-p at Ser-473 by NTG, DETA NONOate, and 8-Br-cGMP was significantly inhibited by ODQ, PKG-I. The decrease in Akt-p level by NTG and 8-Br-cGMP was prevented by calyculin A but not by okadaic acid.
Conclusions.These results demonstrated that the endothelium-independent sustained hypoxic vasoconstriction can be prevented by NTG and that the inhibition of PI3K/Akt signaling pathway may be involved.
- A retrospective review of safety using a nursing driven protocol for autonomic dysreflexia in patients with spinal cord injuries. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Spinal Cord Med 2016 Feb 3.
- Direct analysis in real time mass spectrometry of potential by-products from homemade nitrate ester explosive synthesis. [Journal Article]
- Talanta 2016 Apr 1.:177-83.
- Fundamental Properties of Aldehyde Dehydrogenase 2 (ALDH2) and the Importance of the ALDH2 Polymorphism. [Journal Article]
- Nihon Eiseigaku Zasshi 2016; 71(1):55-68.
- Association between anthropometry, cardiometabolic risk factors, & early life factors & adult measures of endothelial function: Results from the New Delhi Birth Cohort. [Journal Article]
- Indian J Med Res 2015 Dec; 142(6):690-8.
- Techniques for assisting difficult delivery at caesarean section. [Journal Article, Review]
- Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2016.:CD004944.
- Comparison of direct effects of clinically available vasodilators; nitroglycerin, nifedipine, cilnidipine and diltiazem, on human skeletonized internal mammary harvested with ultrasonic scalpel. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Heart Vessels 2016 Jan 28.
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT) evaluation of intermediate coronary lesions in patients with NSTEMI. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Cardiovasc Revasc Med 2015 Dec 24.
- Post-procedural/pre-hemostasis intra-arterial nitroglycerin after transradial catheterization: A gender based analysis. [Journal Article]
- Cardiovasc Revasc Med 2016 Jan-Feb; 17(1):10-4.