(Nitroglycerin) articles in PubMed
- Poster 299 Pharmacokinetics and Efficacy of Nitroglycerin Paste for Autonomic Dysreflexia Following Spinal Cord Injury. [Journal Article]
- PM R 2016; 8(9S):S257PM R
- Albuminuria Is Associated with Endothelial Dysfunction and Elevated Plasma Endothelin-1 in Sickle Cell Anemia. [Journal Article]
- PLoS One 2016; 11(9):e0162652Plos
- CONCLUSIONS: This study provides more definitive evidence for the association of albuminuria with endothelial dysfunction in SCD. Elevated circulating levels of ET-1 may contribute to SCD-related glomerulopathy by mediating endothelial dysfunction.
- The Assessment of short-term effect of L-Citrulline on endothelial function via FMD to NMD ratio in known CAD patients: A randomized, cross-over clinical trial (Clinical trial number:NCT02638727). [Journal Article]
- Rom J Intern Med 2016 Sep 18RJ
- CONCLUSIONS: L-Citrulline treatmentcan lead to improvement of the endothelialfunction in patients with diagnosed with CAD which are assessed via FMD to NMD ratio FMD value enhancements.
- Intractable Coronary Spastic Angina Improvement after Continuous Combined Estrogen-progestin Hormonal Contraception Use in a Premenopausal Woman. [Journal Article]
- Intern Med 2016; 55(18):2639-42IM
- A 44-year-old woman, who had been previously diagnosed with coronary spastic angina and treated with standard medical therapy including calcium channel blockers, was admitted to our hospital due to c...
A 44-year-old woman, who had been previously diagnosed with coronary spastic angina and treated with standard medical therapy including calcium channel blockers, was admitted to our hospital due to chest pain at rest. Her chest pain attacks were concentrated just before and during menstruation. Despite the administration of an intravenous infusion of nitroglycerin and nicorandil, strong heart attacks with ST elevation occurred frequently after this admission. However, following continuous combined estrogen-progestin hormonal contraception use (estradiol plus dienogest), her attacks disappeared completely. Reduced estrogen levels before and during menstruation were speculated to be associated with her angina attacks.
- The role of regulator of G protein signaling 4 in delta-opioid receptor-mediated behaviors. [Journal Article]
- Psychopharmacology (Berl) 2016 Sep 13P
- CONCLUSIONS: Overall, these findings demonstrate that reduction of RGS4 functionally may increase the therapeutic index of SNC80. These results provide the first evidence of differential regulation of DOPr-mediated behaviors by RGS proteins and G protein signaling pathways.
- Valproate Attenuates Nitroglycerin-Induced Trigeminovascular Activation by Preserving Mitochondrial Function in a Rat Model of Migraine. [Journal Article]
- Med Sci Monit 2016; 22:3229-37MS
- CONCLUSIONS: The protective effect of valproate against migraine may be achieved through the modulation of mitochondrial biogenesis and function. Our study provides evidence for the potential use of valproate in the treatment of migraine.
- Effects of intravenous bolus injection of nicorandil on renal artery flow velocity assessed by color Doppler ultrasound. [Journal Article]
- J Cardiol 2016 Sep 6JC
- CONCLUSIONS: Intravenous nicorandil increased renal artery blood flow velocity in comparison with nitroglycerin. Nicorandil has a significant effect on renal hemodynamics.
- The Synergic In Vitro Tocolytic Effect of Nifedipine Plus Ritodrine on Human Myometrial Contractility. [Journal Article]
- Reprod Sci 2016 Sep 7RS
- Many pharmacological agents have been investigated to manage preterm labor; we postulate that a combination of tocolytic drugs may achieve a better effect in the prevention of uterine contractions wi...
Many pharmacological agents have been investigated to manage preterm labor; we postulate that a combination of tocolytic drugs may achieve a better effect in the prevention of uterine contractions without dose-dependent adverse effects. The aim of this study was to evaluate the inhibitory effect of dual combinations of tocolytics in vitro. Human myometrium was obtained during elective cesarean sections (term without labor; n = 40). Myometrial strips were placed in organ baths for the measurement of isometric tension. Contractile activity was induced by oxytocin (10(-) (8) mol/L), then a concentration-response curve to single or dual combinations of tocolytics was started. All studied tocolytics (nifedipine, ritodrine, nitroglycerin, atosiban, and NS-1619), when used alone, significantly inhibited myometrial contractions. When combined, nifedipine plus ritodrine produced a significantly greater inhibition of contractility than each drug alone in the midrange of concentrations. The combination of nifedipine plus nitroglycerin or nifedipine plus atosiban produced a significantly greater inhibition than nitroglycerin or atosiban alone but not greater than nifedipine. The combination of nifedipine plus NS-1619 (Ca(+2)-activated K(+) [BKCa] channel opener) reduced the inhibitory effect of each drug. We concluded that a selected combination of tocolytics (nifedipine plus ritodrine) produced a significantly greater inhibitory effect on contractility than each drug alone at intermediate concentrations. Thus, specific combinations of tocolytics with different intracellular signaling pathways may have a synergic effect constituting a provocative new option for preterm labor treatment.
- [18F]FDG PET/CT-based response assessment of stage IV non-small cell lung cancer treated with paclitaxel-carboplatin-bevacizumab with or without nitroglycerin patches. [Journal Article]
- Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 2016 Sep 6EJ
- CONCLUSIONS: The decrease in tumoral FDG uptake in advanced NSCLC patients treated with chemotherapy with and without NTG did not differ between both treatment arms. Early PET-based response assessment showed more tumor responders than CT-based response assessment (part of the [18F]FDG PET/CT); this was not correlated to survival. This might be due to timing of the [18F]FDG PET shortly after the bevacizumab infusion.
New Search Next
- Expression of artemin and GFRα3 in an animal model of migraine: possible role in the pathogenesis of this disorder. [Journal Article]
- J Headache Pain 2016; 17(1):81JH
- CONCLUSIONS: The findings suggest that artemin and GFRα3 play an important role in the pathogenesis of migraine and may represent potential therapeutic targets for the treatment of migraine.