Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- The causes of hyperreflective dots in optical coherence tomography excluding diabetic macular edema and retinal venous occlusion§. [Journal Article]
- Open Ophthalmol J 2015.:36-40.
- An alternate technique for assessing optic nerve in papilledema by ultrasound B scan. [LETTER]
- Am J Emerg Med 2015 Mar 16.
- A case of papilloedema associated with Chiari I malformation. [LETTER]
- J Neurol Sci 2015 Apr 17.
- Frontobiparietal remodeling with or without a widening bridge for sagittal synostosis: comparison of 2 cohorts for aesthetic and functional outcome. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Neurosurg Pediatr 2015 Apr 24.:1-8.
- Algorithm for the management of intracranial hypertension in children with syndromic craniosynostosis. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Plast Reconstr Surg 2015 Apr 20.
- Malignant Hypertension: Clinical Manifestations of 7 Cases. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 2015 Apr; 232(4):590-592.
- Papilledema in a Hypertensive Adult With Grade 4 Retinopathy. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 2015 Apr 17.
- Concurrent acute disseminated encephalomyelitis and Guillain-Barré syndrome in a child. [Journal Article]
- J Pediatr Neurosci 2015 Jan-Mar; 10(1):61-3.
- Optic nerve sonography in the diagnostic evaluation of pseudopapilledema and raised intracranial pressure: a cross-sectional study. [Journal Article]
- Neurol Res Int 2015.:146059.
Introduction.Differentiating pseudopapilledema from papilledema which is optic disk edema and a result of increased ICP (intracranial pressure) is important and can be done with noninvasive methods like orbital ultrasound examination.
Method.This was a cross-sectional study in which patients with optic nerve head swelling were referred for LP exam after optic nerve head swelling diagnosis confirmation and having normal brain imaging (CT scan). Before LP (lumbar puncture) exam the patients were referred for optic nerve ultrasound test of both eyes.
Results.Considering 5.7 mm as the upper limit for normal ONSD (optic nerve sheath diameter), sensitivity and negative predictive value of optic sonography in diagnosis of pseudopapilledema are 100% for both eyes. Calculated accuracy validity of ONSD measurement in detecting pseudopapilledema is 90% for the right eye and 87% for the left eye.
Conclusion.Our study demonstrated a close correlation between optic nerve sheath dilation on ocular ultrasound and evidence of elevated ICP with optic disk swelling. With the aid of noninvasive diagnostic tests we can avoid unnecessary concerns along with expensive and invasive neurological investigations while targeting the correct diagnosis in bilateral optic disk swelling. Our study showed optic nerve sonography as a reliable diagnostic method for further usage.
- Purely endoscopic resection of a choroid plexus papilloma of the third ventricle: case report. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Neurosurg Pediatr 2015 Apr 10.:1-4.