Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- SSRI-associated optic neuropathy. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Eye (Lond) 2015 Jul 3.
- Microsurgical management of a large ICA bifurcation aneurysm. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Neurosurg Focus 2015 Jul; 39(VideoSuppl1):V18.
- Headache and Pain in Guillain-Barré Syndrome. [Journal Article]
- Curr Pain Headache Rep 2015 Aug; 19(8):508.
- Rare Neurological Manifestation of Celiac Disease. [Journal Article]
- Case Rep Gastroenterol 2015 May-Aug; 9(2):200-5.
- Retinal nerve fiber layer thickness analysis in cases of papilledema using optical coherence tomography - A case control study. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Clin Neurol Neurosurg 2015 Jun 9.:95-99.
- Malignant Hypertension and Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: False Friends. [Journal Article]
- Am J Case Rep 2015.:374-6.
BACKGROUNDThrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) is a rare hematologic disorder resulting in hemolysis of red blood cells, consumption of platelets, and occlusion of microvasculature. Malignant hypertension is the clinical syndrome of severe elevations in blood pressure and funduscopic hypertensive retinopathy, including bilateral flame-shaped hemorrhage and papilledema. CASE REPORT We describe the case of a 63-year-old man who presented with features of TTP and malignant hypertension treated with plasma exchange and developing end-stage renal disease.
CONCLUSIONSGiven the diagnostic uncertainty at presentation, clinicians should quickly intervene to control hypertension and institute plasma exchange as needed.
- Papilledema and Vision Loss Caused by Jugular Paragangliomas. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Neuroophthalmol 2015 Jun 12.
- Ventriculoperitoneal shunt placement for POEMS syndrome. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Clin Neurosci 2015 Jun 12.
- The Photopic Negative Response in Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension. [Journal Article]
- Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2015 Jun; 56(6):3709-14.
- Relationship Between Pattern Electroretinogram, Frequency-Domain OCT, and Automated Perimetry in Chronic Papilledema From Pseudotumor Cerebri Syndrome. [Journal Article]
- Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2015 Jun 1; 56(6):3656-65.