Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Acebrophylline-induced angioedema. [Journal Article]
- Indian J Pharmacol 2015 Mar-Apr; 47(2):219-20.
- CYP2C19 polymorphism and clinical outcomes among patients of different races treated with clopidogrel: A systematic review and meta-analysis. [Journal Article]
- J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 2015 Apr; 35(2):147-56.
- Targeting Renal Purinergic Signalling for the Treatment of Lithium-induced Nephrogenic Diabetes Insipidus. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Acta Physiol (Oxf) 2015 Apr 15.
- Inflammatory and Antioxidant Pattern Unbalance in "Clopidogrel-Resistant" Patients during Acute Coronary Syndrome. [Journal Article]
- Mediators Inflamm 2015.:710123.
Background.In acute coronary syndrome (ACS), inflammation and redox response are associated with increased residual platelet reactivity (RPR) on clopidogrel therapy. We investigated whether clopidogrel interaction affects platelet function and modulates factors related to inflammation and oxidation in ACS patients differently responding to clopidogrel. Material and Methods. Platelet aggregation was measured in 29 ACS patients on dual (aspirin/clopidogrel) antiplatelet therapy. Nonresponders (NR) were defined as RPR ≥70% by ADP. Several inflammatory and redox parameters were assayed and platelet proteome was determined.
Results.Eight (28%) out of 29 ACS patients resulted NR to clopidogrel. At 24 hours, the levels of Th2-type cytokines IL-4, IFNγ, and MCP-1 were higher in NR, while blood GSH (r-GSHbl) levels were lower in NR than responders (R). Proteomic analysis evidenced an upregulated level of platelet adhesion molecule, CD226, and a downregulation of the antioxidant peroxiredoxin-4. In R patients the proinflammatory cytokine IL-6 decreased, while the anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-1Ra increased.
Conclusions.In patients with high RPR on clopidogrel therapy, an unbalance of inflammatory factors, platelet adhesion molecules, and circulatory and platelet antioxidant molecules was observed during the acute phase. Proinflammatory milieu persists in nonresponders for a long time after the acute event while antioxidant blood factors tend to conform to normal responsiveness.
- P2Y12 receptor inhibitors for secondary prevention of ischemic stroke. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Expert Opin Pharmacother 2015 Apr 14.:1-17.
- Predictive Value of High Residual Platelet Reactivity by Flow Cytometry for Outcomes of Ischemic Stroke Patients on Clopidogrel Therapy. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 2015 Apr 10.
- Ticagrelor potentiates adenosine-induced stimulation of neutrophil chemotaxis and phagocytosis. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Vascul Pharmacol 2015 Apr 10.
- Antiplatelet Drug Resistance: Molecular Insights and Clinical Implications. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 2015 Apr 10.
- Influence of Different β-Blockers on Platelet Aggregation in Patients With Coronary Artery Disease on Dual Antiplatelet Therapy. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 2015 Apr 13.
- The effects of tirofiban infusion on clinical and angiographic outcomes of patients with STEMI undergoing primary PCI. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Anatol J Cardiol 2014 Dec 25.