Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- The effects of treatment with liraglutide on atherothrombotic risk in obese young women with polycystic ovary syndrome and controls. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- BMC Endocr Disord 2015; 15(1):14.
- Infertility etiologies are genetically and clinically linked with other diseases in single meta-diseases. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Reprod Biol Endocrinol 2015 Apr 15; 13(1):31.
- Diagnosis and treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): An interview with Richard Legro. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- BMC Med 2015; 13(1):64.
- Evaluation of relationship between serum levels of anti-müllerian hormone, androgen, and insulin resistant with retrieval oocytes in overweight patients with polycystic ovary syndrome. [Journal Article]
- Adv Biomed Res 2015.:76.
- Effects of aerobic exercise on plasma lipoproteins in overweight and obese women with polycystic ovary syndrome. [Journal Article]
- Adv Biomed Res 2015.:68.
- Effect of auriculotherapy on menstrual irregularities in single girls with polycystic ovarian syndrome and aged 18-35 years in Isfahan in 2012. [Journal Article]
- Iran J Nurs Midwifery Res 2015 Mar-Apr; 20(2):190-4.
- Predictors of subclinical cardiovascular disease in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: interrelationship of dyslipidemia and arterial blood pressure. [Journal Article]
- Int J Endocrinol 2015.:812610.
Background.Women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) could develop subclinical atherosclerosis during life.
Purpose.To analyze cardiovascular risk (CVR) factors and their relation to clinical markers of cardiovascular disease (CVD) in respect to their age. Material and Methods. One hundred women with PCOS (26.32 ± 5.26 years, BMI: 24.98 ± 6.38 kg/m(2)) were compared to 50 respective controls. In all subjects, total cholesterol (TC), HDL-C, LDL-C, triglycerides, TC/HDL-C and TG/HDL-C ratios, glucose, insulin and HOMA index, waist-to-hip ratio (WHR), systolic and diastolic blood pressure (SBP and DBP, resp.), and carotid intima-media thickness (CIMT) were analyzed in respect to their age and level of androgens.
Results.PCOS over 30 years had higher WHR (P = 0.008), SBP (P < 0.001), DBP (P < 0.001), TC (P = 0.028), HDL-C (P = 0.028), LDL-C (P = 0.045), triglycerides (P < 0.001), TC/HDL-C (P < 0.001), and triglycerides/HDL-C (P < 0.001) and had more prevalent hypertension and pronounced CIMT on common carotid arteries even after adjustment for BMI (P = 0.005 and 0.036, resp.). TC/HDL-C and TG/HDL-C were higher in PCOS with the highest quintile of FAI in comparison to those with lower FAI (P = 0.045 and 0.034, resp.).
Conclusions.PCOS women older than 30 years irrespective of BMI have the potential for early atherosclerosis mirrored through the elevated lipids/lipid ratios and through changes in blood pressure.
- [Efficacy comparison between electroacupuncture and dyne-35 in treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome]. [English Abstract, Journal Article]
- Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 2014 Dec; 34(12):1174-8.
- Of PCOS Symptoms, Hirsutism Has the Most Significant Impact on the Quality of Life of Iranian Women. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- PLoS One 2015; 10(4):e0123608.
- Liver Injury Indicating Fatty Liver but Not Serologic NASH Marker Improves under Metformin Treatment in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. [Journal Article]
- Int J Endocrinol 2015.:254169.