Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- How can follow-up of patients with raynaud phenomenon be optimized? [Journal Article]
- Med Sci Monit Basic Res 2015.:47-52.
BACKGROUNDRaynaud phenomenon (RP) is common worldwide and presents diagnostic and therapeutic difficulties. We aimed to share our experience with optimizing of patient follow-up by using the cold-stimulation test (CST). MATERIAL AND
METHODSData of 81 patients admitted with RP symptomatology were collected. Demographic data and symptoms were recorded. A scale was used for determining the severity of disease at pre-treatment and post-treatment. CST was performed to all patients at pre-treatment and post-treatment for assessment of treatment efficiency in follow-up. Results were analyzed with the SPSS for Mac 20.0 program.
RESULTSAll the patients were male. Mean age was 22.3 ± 2.14 (19-29). Mean duration of symptoms from onset to present was 4.59 ± 2.85 years. There were statistically significant differences between pre-treatment and post-treatment hand temperatures measured by CST (p<0.001). However, there were no statistically significant differences between pre-treatment and post-treatment severity scores of patients (p=0.135).
CONCLUSIONSTo quantitatively determine the treatment efficacy, CST may be used instead of asking simple questions of patients.
- [Acute finger ischemia: A retrospective study of 13 patients]. [English Abstract, Journal Article]
- Ann Dermatol Venereol 2015 May; 142(5):332-9.
- Prevalence and evolution of scleroderma pattern at nailfold videocapillaroscopy in systemic sclerosis patients: Clinical and prognostic implications. [Journal Article]
- Microvasc Res 2015 May.:92-5.
- Cold exposure and health effects among frozen food processing workers in eastern Thailand. [Journal Article]
- Saf Health Work 2015 Mar; 6(1):56-61.
- Prospective evaluation of frequency of signs of systemic sclerosis in 76 patients with morphea. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Clin Exp Rheumatol 2015 Mar 10.
- [Unilateral isolated Raynaud's phenomenon leading to diagnosis of multifocal giant-cell arteritis complicated with renal ischemia]. [English Abstract, Journal Article]
- J Mal Vasc 2015 May; 40(3):200-5.
- Prevalence, risk factors and associations of primary Raynaud's phenomenon: systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies. [Journal Article]
- BMJ Open 2015; 5(3):e006389.
- Raynaud syndrome. [Journal Article, Review]
- Tech Vasc Interv Radiol 2014 Dec; 17(4):241-6.
- Pulmonary hypertension in systemic lupus erythematosus: an independent predictor of patient survival. [Journal Article]
- Korean J Intern Med 2015 Mar; 30(2):232-41.
- A case of a child with sle presenting with hps as a primary manifestation. [Journal Article]
- Fukushima J Med Sci 2014; 60(2):181-6.