Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Bisphosphonates in juvenile dermatomyositis with dystrophic calcinosis. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Mod Rheumatol 2015 Mar 24.:1-6.
- Dermatomyositis in a Patient with Cholangiocarcinoma Detected by an [18F]-Fluorodeoxyglucose Positron Emission Tomography/computed Tomography Scan. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Cancer Res Treat 2015 Mar 18.
- Prognostic Significance of Anti-Aminoacyl-tRNA Synthetase Antibodies in Polymyositis/Dermatomyositis-Associated Interstitial Lung Disease: A Retrospective Case Control Study. [Journal Article]
- PLoS One 2015; 10(3):e0120313.
- DNaseI Protects against Paraquat-Induced Acute Lung Injury and Pulmonary Fibrosis Mediated by Mitochondrial DNA. [Journal Article]
- Biomed Res Int 2015.:386952.
Background.Paraquat (PQ) poisoning is a lethal toxicological challenge that served as a disease model of acute lung injury and pulmonary fibrosis, but the mechanism is undetermined and no effective treatment has been discovered. Methods and Findings. We demonstrated that PQ injures mitochondria and leads to mtDNA release. The mtDNA mediated PBMC recruitment and stimulated the alveolar epithelial cell production of TGF-β1 in vitro. The levels of mtDNA in circulation and bronchial alveolar lavage fluid (BALF) were elevated in a mouse of PQ-induced lung injury. DNaseI could protect PQ-induced lung injury and significantly improved survival. Acute lung injury markers, such as TNFα, IL-1β, and IL-6, and marker of fibrosis, collagen I, were downregulated in parallel with the elimination of mtDNA by DNaseI. These data indicate a possible mechanism for PQ-induced, mtDNA-mediated lung injury, which may be shared by other causes of lung injury, as suggested by the same protective effect of DNaseI in bleomycin-induced lung injury model. Interestingly, increased mtDNA in the BALF of patients with amyopathic dermatomyositis-interstitial lung disease can be appreciated.
Conclusions.DNaseI targeting mtDNA may be a promising approach for the treatment of PQ-induced acute lung injury and pulmonary fibrosis that merits fast tracking through clinical trials.
- Nuclear actin aggregation is a hallmark of anti-synthetase syndrome-induced dysimmune myopathy. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Neurology 2015 Mar 6.
- Disease specificity of autoantibodies to cytosolic 5'-nucleotidase 1A in sporadic inclusion body myositis versus known autoimmune diseases. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Ann Rheum Dis 2015 Feb 24.
- Discovery of new biomarkers of idiopathic inflammatory myopathy. [REVIEW]
- Clin Chim Acta 2015 Feb 11.:117-125.
- The effect of prior corticosteroid use in muscle biopsies from patients with dermatomyositis. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Clin Exp Rheumatol 2015 Jan 29.
- [Mycophenolate mofetil--20 years of experience in treatment of rheumatic diseases]. [English Abstract, Journal Article]
- Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online) 2015.:176-87.
- Increased fascial thickness of the deltoid muscle in dermatomyositis and polymyositis: An ultrasound study. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Muscle Nerve 2015 Feb 5.