Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Prevention of status epilepticus-induced brain edema and neuronal cell loss by repeated treatment with high-dose levetiracetam. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Brain Res 2015 Mar 11.
- Animal models of temporal lobe epilepsy following systemic chemoconvulsant administration. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Neurosci Methods 2015 Mar 10.
- Urrets-Zavalia syndrome after Descemet membrane endothelial keratoplasty. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Eur J Ophthalmol 2015 Mar 9.:0.
- Unusual case of angle closure glaucoma in a patient with neurofibromatosis type 1. [Journal Article]
- Case Rep Ophthalmol 2014 Sep-Dec; 5(3):386-91.
- Priming the proteasome by protein kinase G: a novel cardioprotective mechanism of sildenafil. [Journal Article]
- Future Cardiol 2015 Mar; 11(2):177-89.
ABSTRACTThe proteasome mediates the degradation of most cellular proteins including misfolded proteins, pivotal to intracellular protein hemostasis. Proteasome functional insufficiency is implicated in a large subset of human failing hearts. Experimental studies have established proteasome functional insufficiency as a major pathogenic factor, rationalizing proteasome enhancement as a potentially new therapeutic strategy for congestive heart failure. Protein kinase G activation known to be cardioprotective was recently found to facilitate proteasomal degradation of misfolded proteins in cardiomyocytes; sildenafil was shown to activate myocardial protein kinase G, improve cardiac protein quality control and slow down the progression of cardiac proteinopathy in mice. This identifies the first clinically used drug that is capable of benign proteasome enhancement and unveils a potentially novel cardioprotective mechanism for sildenafil.
- Pilocarpine-induced convulsive activity is limited by multidrug transporters at the rodent blood-brain barrier. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Pharmacol Exp Ther 2015 Mar 9.
- State and parameter estimation of a neural mass model from electrophysiological signals during the status epilepticus. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Neuroimage 2015 Mar 7.
- A simple method for the subnanomolar quantitation of seven ophthalmic drugs in the rabbit eye. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Anal Bioanal Chem 2015 Mar 8.
- Evaluation of potential gender-related differences in behavioral and cognitive alterations following pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus in C57BL/6 mice. [Journal Article]
- Physiol Behav 2015 May 1.:142-50.
- PI3Kγ deficiency enhances seizures severity and associated outcomes in a mouse model of convulsions induced by intrahippocampal injection of pilocarpine. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Exp Neurol 2015 Mar 5.:123-134.