Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Etiopathogenic, therapeutic and histopathological aspects upon the anterior vaginal wall prolapse. [Journal Article]
- Rom J Morphol Embryol 2015; 56(2 Suppl):765-70.
- The Use of Tutomesh for a Tension-Free and Tridimensional Repair of Uterovaginal and Vaginal Vault Prolapse: Preliminary Report. [Journal Article]
- Surg Res Pract 2015.:303679.
Objective.To evaluate efficacy in terms of vaginal capacity, coital function, and recurrence prevention of a new biological mesh of bovine pericardium (Tutomesh) in the repair of severe POP. Methods. Thirty cases of patients suffering from stage III uterine or apical prolapse undergone surgical repair by means of a modified sacrospinous ligament suspension combined with mesh attachment to both the cardinal ligaments, posterior and anterior colporrhaphy, and perineal body fixation. The mesh was replaced inside the pelvis with the goal of reconstructing the tridimensional fascial disposition of the structures sustaining the correct axis of vagina. Follow-up was done at 12 months with POPIQ analysis.
Results.One total mesh failure occurred early after surgery due to marked deficiency of anatomy. Two cystoceles were observed at 12 months in two patients treated for apical prolapse where anterior repair was not performed. Two other patients developed a de novo SUI at 12 months. No reported abnormalities of coital function or dyspareunia were ever found after surgery.
Conclusions.It is possible that the utilization of a tension-free and tridimensional placement of Tutomesh might favor a more physiologic reconstruction of the vaginal axis as compared with traditional sacrospinous ligament suspension.
- Urinary incontinence among women registered with a family health center in the Southeastern Anatolia Region and the factors affecting its prevalence. [Journal Article]
- Turk J Med Sci 2015; 45(4):931-9.
- What to do with recurrent prolapse after vaginal mesh failure? [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Minim Invasive Gynecol 2015 Sep 22.
- Vaginal angiomatosis: differential diagnosis of a rare case. [Journal Article]
- J Turk Ger Gynecol Assoc 2015; 16(3):189-91.
- Nocturia: risk factors and associated comorbidities; findings from the EpiLUTS study. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Int J Clin Pract 2015 Sep 8.
- Uterine prolapse and its impact on quality of life in the Jhaukhel-Duwakot Health Demographic Surveillance Site, Bhaktapur, Nepal. [Journal Article, Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't]
- Glob Health Action 2015.:28771.
- Application of the Welfare Quality protocol to dairy buffalo farms: Prevalence and reliability of selected measures. [Journal Article]
- J Dairy Sci 2015 Oct; 98(10):6886-96.
- Does prolapse equal hysterectomy? The role of uterine conservation in women with uterovaginal prolapse. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Am J Obstet Gynecol 2015 Jul 28.
- Sacrospinous hysteropexy versus vaginal hysterectomy with suspension of the uterosacral ligaments in women with uterine prolapse stage 2 or higher: multicentre randomised non-inferiority trial. [Journal Article, Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't]
- BMJ 2015.:h3717.