Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- The Impact of Sacrospinous Hysteropexy and Vaginal Hysterectomy With Suspension of the Uterosacral Ligaments on Sexual Function in Women With Uterine Prolapse: A Secondary Analysis of a Randomized Comparative Study. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Sex Med 2016 Jan 21.
- [Neonatal uterine prolapse]. [LETTER]
- Arch Pediatr 2016 Jan 6.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Non-Puerperal Complete Uterine Inversion. [Journal Article]
- Iran J Radiol 2015 Oct; 12(4):e9878.
- Non-surgical interventions for pelvic organ prolapse in rural Nepal: a prospective monitoring and evaluation study. [Journal Article]
- JRSM Open 2015 Dec; 6(12):2054270415608117.
- Differences in clinical characteristics for the determination of adenomyosis coexisting with leiomyomas. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Obstet Gynaecol Res 2015 Dec 10.
- Hysterectomy at the time of colpocleisis: a decision analysis. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Int Urogynecol J 2015 Dec 12.
- Association Between Patient Characteristics and Treatment Procedure Among Patients With Uterine Leiomyomas. [Journal Article]
- Obstet Gynecol 2016 Jan; 127(1):67-77.
- Clinical Outcomes and Urodynamic Effects of Tailored Transvaginal Mesh Surgery for Pelvic Organ Prolapse. [Journal Article]
- Biomed Res Int 2015.:191258.
Objective.To evaluate the clinical outcomes and urodynamic effects of tailored anterior transvaginal mesh surgery (ATVM) and tailored posterior transvaginal mesh surgery (PTVM). Methods. We developed ATVM for the simultaneous correction of cystocele and stress urinary incontinence and PTVM for the simultaneous correction of enterocoele, uterine prolapse, vaginal stump prolapse, and rectocele.
Results.A total of 104 women enrolled. The median postsurgical follow-up was 25.5 months. The anatomic cure rate was 98.1% (102/104). Fifty-eight patients underwent urodynamic studies before and after surgeries. The pad weight decreased from 29.3 ± 43.1 to 6.4 ± 20.9 g at 3 months. Among the 20 patients with ATVM, 13 patients had objective stress urinary incontinence (SUI) at baseline while 8 patients came to have no demonstrated SUI (NDSUI), and 2 improved after surgery. Among the 38 patients who underwent ATVM and PTVM, 24 had objective SUI at baseline while 18 came to have NDSUI, and 2 improved after surgery. Mesh extrusion (n = 4), vaginal hematoma (n = 3), and voiding difficulty (n = 2) were noted postoperatively. Quality of life was substantially improved.
Conclusions.Our findings document the advantages of these two novel pelvic reconstructive surgeries for pelvic organ prolapse, which had a positive impact on quality of life. ATVM surgery additionally provided an anti-incontinence effect. This clinical trial is registered at ClinicalTrials.gov (NCT02178735).
- Is There a Relationship Between Pelvic Organ Prolapse and Tissue Fibrillin-1 Levels? [Journal Article]
- Int Neurourol J 2015 Sep; 19(3):164-70.
- Medium-term outcomes after combined trachelectomy and uterosacral ligament suspension among young women with severe uterine prolapse. [Journal Article]
- Int J Gynaecol Obstet 2016 Feb; 132(2):224-8.