Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Pathogenic bacteria profile and antimicrobial susceptibility patterns of ear infection at Bahir Dar Regional Health Research Laboratory Center, Ethiopia. [Journal Article]
- Springerplus 2016.:466.
- Prevalence and antibiotic resistance of Salmonella Enteritidis and Salmonella Typhimurium in raw chicken meat at retail markets in Malaysia. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Poult Sci 2016 Apr 26.
- Boron-doped diamond oxidation of amoxicillin pharmaceutical formulation: Statistical evaluation of operating parameters, reaction pathways and antibacterial activity. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Environ Manage 2016 Apr 22.
- Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention of Lyme Disease, Human Granulocytic Anaplasmosis, and Babesiosis: A Review. [Journal Article, Research Support, N.I.H., Extramural, Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't]
- JAMA 2016 Apr 26; 315(16):1767-77.
- Antimicrobial susceptibility profiles of Escherichia coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae isolated from outpatients in urban and rural districts of Uganda. [Journal Article]
- BMC Res Notes 2016; 9(1):235.
- Lead sensors development and antimicrobial activities based on graphene oxide/carbon nanotube/poly(O-toluidine) nanocomposite. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Int J Biol Macromol 2016 Apr 22.
- Role of Multidrug Resistance Protein 3 (MDR3) in Antifungal-Induced Cholestasis. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Mol Pharmacol 2016 Apr 25.
- Antimicrobial resistance trends among Salmonella isolates obtained from horses in the northeastern United States (2001-2013). [Journal Article]
- Am J Vet Res 2016 May; 77(5):505-13.
OBJECTIVETo describe the antimicrobial resistance patterns of Salmonella isolates obtained from horses in the northeastern United States and to identify trends in resistance to select antimicrobials over time. SAMPLE 462 Salmonella isolates from horses. PROCEDURES Retrospective data were collected for all Salmonella isolates obtained from equine specimens that were submitted to the Cornell University Animal Health Diagnostic Center between January 1, 2001, and December 31, 2013. Temporal trends in the prevalence of resistant Salmonella isolates were investigated for each of 13 antimicrobials by use of the Cochran-Armitage trend test.
RESULTSThe prevalence of resistant isolates varied among antimicrobials and ranged from 0% (imipenem) to 51.5% (chloramphenicol). During the observation period, the prevalence of resistant isolates decreased significantly for amoxicillin-clavulanic acid, ampicillin, cefazolin, cefoxitin, ceftiofur, chloramphenicol, and tetracycline and remained negligible for amikacin and enrofloxacin. Of the 337 isolates for which the susceptibility to all 13 antimicrobials was determined, 138 (40.9%) were pansusceptible and 192 (57.0%) were multidrug resistant (resistant to ≥ 3 antimicrobial classes). The most common serovar isolated was Salmonella Newport, and although the annual prevalence of that serovar decreased significantly over time, that decrease had only a minimal effect on the observed antimicrobial resistance trends.
CONCLUSIONSAND CLINICAL RELEVANCE Results suggested that current antimicrobial use in horses is not promoting the emergence and dissemination of antimicrobial-resistant Salmonella strains in the region served by the laboratory.
- Multidrug-resistant organisms in neonatal sepsis in two tertiary neonatal ICUs, Egypt. [Journal Article]
- J Egypt Public Health Assoc 2016 Mar; 91(1):31-8.
- A penicillin and metronidazole resistant Clostridium botulinum strain responsible for an infant botulism case. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Clin Microbiol Infect 2016 Apr 21.