Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Rh(III) and Ru(II)-Catalyzed Site-Selective C-H Alkynylation of Quinolones. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Org Lett 2015 Mar 30.
- Estimated human absorbed dose for (68)Ga-ECC based on mice data: comparison with (67)Ga-ECC. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Ann Nucl Med 2015 Mar 31.
- Inhibitory and Apoptosis-Inducing Effects of Newcastle Disease Virus Strain AF2240 on Mammary Carcinoma Cell Line. [Journal Article]
- Biomed Res Int 2015.:127828.
- Silica micro/nanospheres for theranostics: from bimodal MRI and fluorescent imaging probes to cancer therapy. [Journal Article, Review]
- Beilstein J Nanotechnol 2015.:546-58.
- Cardioprotective Effect of Propofol against Oxygen Glucose Deprivation and Reperfusion Injury in H9c2 Cells. [Journal Article]
- Oxid Med Cell Longev 2015.:184938.
Background.The intravenous anesthetic propofol is reported to be a cardioprotective agent against ischemic-reperfusion injury in the heart. However, the regulatory mechanism still remains unclear. Methods. In this study, we used H9c2 cell line under condition of oxygen glucose deprivation (OGD) followed by reperfusion (OGD/R) to induce in vitro cardiomyocytes ischemia-reperfusion injury. Propofol (5, 10, and 20 μM) was added to the cell cultures before and during the OGD/R phases to investigate the underlying mechanism.
Results.Our data showed that OGD/R decreased cell viability, and increased lactate dehydrogenase leakage, and reactive oxygen species and malondialdehyde production in H9c2 cells, all of which were significantly reversed by propofol. Moreover, we found that propofol increased both the activities and protein expressions of superoxide dismutase and catalase. In addition, propofol increased FoxO1 expression in a dose-dependent manner and inhibited p-AMPK formation significantly.
Conclusions.These results indicate that the propofol might exert its antioxidative effect through FoxO1 in H9c2 cells, and it has a potential therapeutic effect on cardiac disorders involved in oxidative stress.
- Antimicrobial photodynamic therapy: an effective alternative approach to control fungal infections. [Journal Article, Review]
- Front Microbiol 2015.:202.
- The effect of clary sage oil on staphylococci responsible for wound infections. [Journal Article]
- Postepy Dermatol Alergol 2015 Feb; 32(1):21-6.
- Conversion of Hemicellulose Sugars Catalyzed by Formic Acid: Kinetics of the Dehydration of D-Xylose, L-Arabinose, and D-Glucose. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- ChemSusChem 2015 Mar 27.
- Genotoxic effects of the antimalarial drug lumefantrine in human lymphocytes in vitro and computational prediction of the mechanism associated with its interaction with DNA. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Environ Mol Mutagen 2015 Mar 28.
- Seed response to strigolactone is controlled by abscisic acid-independent DNA methylation in the obligate root parasitic plant, Phelipanche ramosa L. Pomel. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Exp Bot 2015 Mar 28.