Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- The Effect of Lavender Oil in Patients with Renal Colic: A Prospective Controlled Study Using Objective and Subjective Outcome Measurements. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Altern Complement Med 2015 Jul 29.
- Effects of aromatherapy on sleep quality and anxiety of patients. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Nurs Crit Care 2015 Jul 27.
- Chemical Components of Four Essential Oils in Aromatherapy Recipe. [Journal Article, Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't]
- Nat Prod Commun 2015 Jun; 10(6):1091-2.
- Unraveling the Rat Intestine, Spleen and Liver Genome-Wide Transcriptome after the Oral Administration of Lavender Oil by a Two-Color Dye-Swap DNA Microarray Approach. [Journal Article]
- PLoS One 2015; 10(7):e0129951.
- Effect of Inhalation of Aroma of Geranium Essence on Anxiety and Physiological Parameters during First Stage of Labor in Nulliparous Women: a Randomized Clinical Trial. [Journal Article]
- J Caring Sci 2015 Jun; 4(2):135-41.
- Changes in the Composition of Aromatherapeutic Citrus Oils during Evaporation. [Journal Article]
- Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2015.:421695.
- [Aromatherapy in nursing homes]. [English Abstract, Journal Article, Review]
- Soins 2015 Jul-Aug; 60(797):10-2.
- Massage with aromatherapy: effectiveness on anxiety of users with personality disorders in psychiatric hospitalization. [Journal Article]
- Rev Esc Enferm USP 2015 May-Jun; 49(3):450-6.
OBJECTIVETo investigate the effectiveness of aromatherapy massage using the essential oils (0.5%) of Lavandula angustifolia and Pelargonium graveolens for anxiety reduction in patients with personality disorders during psychiatric hospitalization.
METHODUncontrolled clinical trial with 50 subjects submitted to six massages with aromatherapy, performed on alternate days, on the cervical and the posterior thoracic regions. Vital data (heart and respiratory rate) were collected before and after each session and an anxiety scale (Trait Anxiety Inventory-State) was applied at the beginning and end of the intervention. The results were statistically analyzed with the chi square test and paired t test.
RESULTSThere was a statistically significant decrease (p < 0.001) of the heart and respiratory mean rates after each intervention session, as well as in the inventory score.
CONCLUSIONAromatherapy has demonstrated effectiveness in anxiety relief, considering the decrease of heart and respiratory rates in patients diagnosed with personality disorders during psychiatric hospitalization.
- Effects of a pain education program in Complementary and Alternative Medicine treatment utilization at a VA medical center. [Journal Article]
- Complement Ther Med 2015 Jun; 23(3):413-22.
- Effects of inhaled ginger aromatherapy on chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting and health-related quality of life in women with breast cancer. [Journal Article]
- Complement Ther Med 2015 Jun; 23(3):396-404.