Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Elastography for Muscle Biomechanics: Toward the Estimation of Individual Muscle Force. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Exerc Sport Sci Rev 2015 Apr 22.
- Biomechanical Investigation of the Classic Metaphyseal Lesion Using an Immature Porcine Model. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- AJR Am J Roentgenol 2015 May; 204(5):W503-W509.
- Abusive Head Trauma: A Review of the Evidence Base. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- AJR Am J Roentgenol 2015 May; 204(5):967-973.
- Biomechanical Evaluation of Supplemental Percutaneous Lumbo-Sacro-Iliac Screws for Spinopelvic Fixation Following Total Sacrectomy. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Spinal Disord Tech 2015 May; 28(4):E181-E185.
- Preparation of calcium phosphate cement and polymethyl methacrylate for biological composite bone cements. [Journal Article]
- Med Sci Monit 2015.:1162-72.
BACKGROUNDWe studied the biological safety, biomechanics, and tissue compatibility of calcium phosphate cement and Polymethyl Methacrylate composite bone cement mixed in different ratios. MATERIAL AND
METHODSCPC and PMMA were mixed in different ratios (3: 1, 2: 1, 1: 1, 1: 2, 1: 5, 1: 10, 1: 15, and 1: 20). PMMA solvent is a general solvent containing a dissolved preparation of the composite bone cement specific to a given specimen to determine biological safety, biomechanics, and tissue compatibility.
RESULTSThe CPC/PMMA (33%) group, CPC/PMMA (50%) group, CPC/PMMA (67%) group, and CPC/PMMA (75%) group were more in line with the composite bone cement without cytotoxicity requirements. The compressive strength of the CPC/PMMA (67%) group and CPC/PMMA (75%) group was 20Mpa-30Mpa, while that of the CPC/PMMA (4.8%) group, CPC/PMMA (6.25%) group, CPC/PMMA (9.1%) group, CPC/PMMA (16.7%) group, CPC/PMMA (33%) group, and CPC/PMMA (50%) group was 40Mpa-70Mpa. Curing time was longer in the CPC group (more than 11 min) and shorter in the PMMA group (less than 2 min). The results of weight loss rate showed that there were no significant differences between the CPC/PMMA group (4.8%, 6.25%, 9.1%, 16.7%, 33%) and PMMA control group (p>0.05). With the decrease of CPC content, the rate of weight loss gradually decreased.
CONCLUSIONSThe CPC/PMMA (50%) group, CPC/PMMA (67%) group, and CPC/PMMA (75%) group provide greater variability and selectivity for the composite bone cement in obtaining better application.
- The effects of tibiofibularis anterior ligaments on ankle joint biomechanics. [Journal Article]
- Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg 2015 Mar; 21(2):90-5.
- Root anatomical phenes predict root penetration ability and biomechanical properties in maize (Zea Mays). [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Exp Bot 2015 Apr 22.
- Bringing computational models of bone regeneration to the clinic. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Wiley Interdiscip Rev Syst Biol Med 2015 Apr 21.
- Signal diversification in Oecanthus tree crickets is shaped by energetic, morphometric, and acoustic trade-offs. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Evolution 2015 Apr 22.
- On the presence of affine fibril and fiber kinematics in the mitral valve anterior leaflet. [Journal Article]
- Biophys J 2015 Apr 21; 108(8):2074-87.