Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Sex-cord stromal tumors in children and teenagers: Results of the TGM-95 study. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Pediatr Blood Cancer 2015 Jul 23.
- Evaluation of factors associated with loco-regional failure and survival in limited disease small cell lung cancer patients treated with chemoradiotherapy. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Acta Oncol 2015 Jul 23.:1-8.
- Bcl10 crucially nucleates the pro-apoptotic complexes comprising PDK1, PKCζ and caspase-3 at the nuclear envelope of etoposide-treated human cervical carcinoma C4-I cells. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Int J Mol Med 2015 Jul 20.
- Acute and sub-chronic toxicity of four cytostatic drugs in zebrafish. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 2015 Jul 24.
- Amrubicin Monotherapy for Patients with Platinum-Refractory Gastroenteropancreatic Neuroendocrine Carcinoma. [Journal Article]
- Gastroenterol Res Pract 2015.:425876.
Objective.Patients with gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine carcinoma (NEC) have a poor prognosis. Platinum-based combination chemotherapy is commonly used as first-line treatment; however, the role of salvage chemotherapy remains unknown. This study aimed to analyze the efficacy and safety of amrubicin monotherapy in patients with platinum-refractory gastroenteropancreatic NEC. Methods. Among 22 patients with advanced gastroenteropancreatic NEC, 10 received amrubicin monotherapy between September 2007 and May 2014 after failure of platinum-based chemotherapy. The efficacy and toxicity of the treatment were analyzed retrospectively.
Results.Eight males and two females (median age, 67 years (range, 52-78)) received platinum-based chemotherapy, including cisplatin plus irinotecan (n = 7, 70%), cisplatin plus etoposide (n = 2, 20%), and carboplatin plus etoposide (n = 1, 10%) before amrubicin therapy. Median progression-free survival and overall survival after amrubicin therapy were 2.6 and 5.0 months, respectively. Two patients had partial response (20% response rate), and their PFS were 6.2 months and 6.3 months, respectively. Furthermore, NEC with response for amrubicin had characteristics with a high Ki-67 index and receipt of prior chemotherapy with cisplatin and irinotecan. Grade 3-4 neutropenia and anemia were observed in four and five patients, respectively.
Conclusion.Amrubicin monotherapy appears to be potentially active and well-tolerated for platinum-refractory gastroenteropancreatic NEC.
- Bevacizumab/High-Dose Chemotherapy with Autologous Stem-Cell Transplant for Poor-Risk Relapsed or Refractory Germ-Cell Tumors. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Ann Oncol 2015 Jul 21.
- Chlorpyrifos induces MLL translocations through caspase 3-dependent genomic instability and topoisomerase II inhibition in human fetal liver hematopoietic stem cells. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Toxicol Sci 2015 Jul 20.
- Adrenocortical carcinoma (ACC): diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment. [Journal Article, Review]
- Front Cell Dev Biol 2015.:45.
- Sulfonoquinovosyl diacylglyceride selectively targets acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells and exerts potent anti-leukemic effects in vivo. [Journal Article]
- Sci Rep 2015.:12082.
- Endoscopic surgery combining chemotherapy for vaginal yolk-sac tumor: a case report. [Journal Article]
- Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 2015; 36(3):335-8.