Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- No survival benefit associated with routine surveillance imaging for Hodgkin lymphoma in first remission: a Danish-Swedish population-based observational study. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Br J Haematol 2016 Feb 5.
- Treating Adults with Hodgkin Lymphoma in the Developing World: a Hospital-Based Cohort Study from Armenia. [Journal Article]
- Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2016; 17(1):101-4.
- Phase II study of fosaprepitant + 5HT3 receptor antagonist + dexamethasone in patients with germ cell tumors undergoing 5-day cisplatin-based chemotherapy: a Hoosier Cancer Research Network study. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Support Care Cancer 2016 Feb 2.
- Anti-Ri antibody associated small cell lung carcinoma. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Ir J Med Sci 2016 Feb 1.
- Long-term exposure to irinotecan reduces cell migration in glioma cells. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Neurooncol 2016 Jan 30.
- ABCB5-targeted chemoresistance reversal inhibits Merkel cell carcinoma growth. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Invest Dermatol 2016 Jan 28.
- Carbazole-pyranocoumarin conjugate and two carbazole alkaloids from the stems of Clausena excavata. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Nat Prod Res 2016 Jan 29.:1-8.
- Extranodal NK/T-Cell Lymphoma, Nasal Type, Presenting as a Breast Mass. [Journal Article]
- Cureus 2015; 7(12):e408.
- Small Cell Carcinoma of the Gallbladder: Case Report and Comprehensive Analysis of Published Cases. [Journal Article, Review]
- J Oncol 2015.:304909.
Background.Gallbladder small cell carcinoma is a rare and highly aggressive malignancy with no established standard of care treatment. We described here a case report of small cell gallbladder cancer and we then performed a comprehensive review of 72 case reports of this disease. Methods. Published case reports of small cell carcinoma of the gallbladder between 1983 and 2014 were reviewed. Treatment modalities and survival were analyzed for metastatic and localized disease.
Results.Median overall survival for all patients was 13 months. Metastatic disease was identified in 72% of cases. Treatment of metastatic disease with chemotherapy showed a significant survival benefit (p < 0.001) compared to no chemotherapy, and the use of platinum doublet with etoposide showed a nonsignificant 4-month improvement in survival compared to other chemotherapy regimens (p = 0.13). Adjuvant therapy did not demonstrate an improvement of median overall survival in local disease (p = 0.78).
Conclusion.Given the limited available data, systemic therapy with platinum and etoposide should be considered for patients with metastatic small cell carcinoma of the gallbladder. Adjuvant chemoradiation or chemotherapy for treatment of local disease warrants further investigation.
- SBRT Treatment of Metachronous Small-Cell and Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinomas in a Patient with Severe COPD. [Journal Article]
- Cureus 2015; 7(12):e400.