Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Maternal, pregnancy and fetal outcomes in de novo anti-glomerular basement membrane antibody disease in pregnancy: a systematic review. [Journal Article]
- Clin Kidney J 2014 Oct; 7(5):450-6.
- Helicobacter pylori Infection Is Associated with an Increased Risk of Hyperemesis Gravidarum: A Meta-Analysis. [Journal Article]
- Gastroenterol Res Pract 2015.:278905.
Background.Several studies have shown a possible involvement of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection in individuals with hyperemesis gravidarum (HG), but the relationship remains controversial. This meta-analysis was performed to validate and strengthen the association between HG and H. pylori infection. Methods. PubMed, Embase, and Web of Science databases up to March 20, 2014, were searched to select studies on the prevalence of H. pylori infection between pregnant women with HG and the normal pregnant control subjects.
Results.Of the HG cases, 1289 (69.6%) were H. pylori-positive; however, 1045 (46.2%) were H. pylori-positive in control group. Compared to the non-HG normal pregnant controls, infection rate of H. pylori was significantly higher in pregnant women with HG (OR = 3.34, 95% CI: 2.32-4.81, P < 0.001). Subgroup analysis indicated that H. pylori infection was a risk factor of HG in Asia, Africa, and Oceania, especially in Africa (OR = 12.38, 95% CI: 7.12-21.54, P < 0.001).
Conclusions.H. pylori should be considered one of the risk factors of HG, especially in the developing countries. H. pylori eradication could be considered to relieve the symptoms of HG in some intractable cases.
- Norwegian PUQE (Pregnancy-Unique Quantification of Emesis and Nausea) Identifies Patients with Hyperemesis Gravidarum and Poor Nutritional Intake: A Prospective Cohort Validation Study. [Journal Article]
- PLoS One 2015; 10(4):e0119962.
- Practical selection of antiemetics in the ambulatory setting. [Journal Article]
- Am Fam Physician 2015 Mar 1; 91(5):293-6.
- A case of maternal vitamin k deficiency associated with hyperemesis gravidarum: its potential impact on fetal blood coagulability. [Journal Article]
- J Nippon Med Sch 2015; 82(1):54-8.
- [171-POS]: Establishing trimester-specific maternal thyroid hormone reference intervals of southern Chinese population. [Journal Article]
- Pregnancy Hypertens 2015 Jan; 5(1):88.
- Iatrogenic Wernicke Encephalopathy in a Patient With Severe Hyperemesis Gravidarum. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Obstet Gynecol 2015 Mar 9.
- Severe hyperemesis gravidarum associated with gestational thyrotoxicosis and acute biliary pancreatitis. [Letter]
- Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2015 Apr.:74-5.
- Pregnancy-related liver disorders. [Journal Article, Review]
- J Clin Exp Hepatol 2014 Jun; 4(2):151-62.
- Bullous prurigo pigmentosa in a pregnant woman with hyperemesis gravidarum. [Letter]
- J Dermatol 2015 Apr; 42(4):436-7.