Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Effect of Estimated Plasma Volume Reduction on Renal Function for Acute Heart Failure Differs Between Patients With Preserved and Reduced Ejection Fraction. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Circ Heart Fail 2015 Mar 3.
- Body weight concerns and antifat attitude in Iranian children. [Journal Article]
- Int J Prev Med 2014 Dec; 5(12):1587-93.
- Factors affecting the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of PEGylated liposomal irinotecan (IHL-305) in patients with advanced solid tumors. [Journal Article]
- Int J Nanomedicine 2015.:1201-9.
- The endocrinology of taste receptors. [REVIEW]
- Nat Rev Endocrinol 2015 Feb 24.
- Body image perception and its association with body mass index and nutrient intakes among female college students aged 18-35 years from Tabriz, Iran. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Eat Weight Disord 2015 Feb 21.
- Managing Hypercapnia in Patients with Severe ARDS and Low Respiratory System Compliance: The Role of Esophageal Pressure Monitoring-A Case Cohort Study. [Journal Article]
- Biomed Res Int 2015.:385042.
Purpose.Patients with severe acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) and hypercapnia present a formidable treatment challenge. We examined the use of esophageal balloon for assessment of transpulmonary pressures to guide mechanical ventilation for successful management of severe hypercapnia. Materials and Methods. Patients with severe ARDS and hypercapnia were studied. Esophageal balloon was inserted and mechanical ventilation was guided by assessment of transpulmonary pressures. Positive end expiratory pressure (PEEP) and inspiratory driving pressures were adjusted with the aim of achieving tidal volume of 6 to 8 mL/kg based on ideal body weight (IBW), while not exceeding end inspiratory transpulmonary (EITP) pressure of 25 cm H2O.
Results.Six patients with severe ARDS and hypercapnia were studied. Mean PaCO2 on enrollment was 108.33 ± 25.65 mmHg. One hour after adjustment of PEEP and inspiratory driving pressure guided by transpulmonary pressure, PaCO2 decreased to 64.5 ± 16.89 mmHg (P < 0.01). Tidal volume was 3.96 ± 0.92 mL/kg IBW before and increased to 7.07 ± 1.21 mL/kg IBW after intervention (P < 0.01). EITP pressure before intervention was low with a mean of 13.68 ± 8.69 cm H2O and remained low at 16.76 ± 4.76 cm H2O (P = 0.18) after intervention. Adjustment of PEEP and inspiratory driving pressures did not worsen oxygenation and did not affect cardiac output significantly.
Conclusion.The use of esophageal balloon as a guide to mechanical ventilation was able to treat severe hypercapnia in ARDS patients.
- Predictors of Weight Loss After Laparoscopic Gastric Plication: A Prospective Study. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 2015 Feb 18.
- Disordered Eating Behavior, Body Image and Energy Status of Female Student Dancers. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 2015 Feb 12.
- Practical aspects of volume control in chronic kidney disease using whole body bioimpedance. [Journal Article]
- Blood Purif 2015; 39(1-3):32-6.
- Heterogeneity of sex-stratified BMI trajectories in children from 8 to 14years old. [Journal Article]
- Physiol Behav 2015 Apr.:111-20.