Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Destops and laptops:
- Correlation of weight-based i.v. immune globulin doses with changes in serum immunoglobulin G levels. [Journal Article]
- Am J Health Syst Pharm 2015 Feb 15; 72(4):285-9.
- Therapeutic efficacy of valproic Acid in a combined monocrotaline and chronic hypoxia rat model of severe pulmonary hypertension. [Journal Article]
- PLoS One 2015; 10(1):e0117211.
- Modified rapid shallow breathing index adjusted with anthropometric parameters increases predictive power for extubation failure compared with the unmodified index in postcardiac surgery patients. [Journal Article]
- J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2015 Feb; 29(1):64-8.
- Multi-disciplinary residential treatment can improve perceptual-motor function in obese children. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Acta Paediatr 2015 Jan 25.
- Patient perception of ideal body weight and the effect of body mass index. [Journal Article]
- J Obes 2014.:491280.
Objective.Despite much effort, obesity remains a significant public health problem. One of the main contributing factors is patients' perception of their target ideal body weight. This study aimed to assess this perception. Methods. The study took place in an urban area, with the majority of participants in the study being Hispanic (65.7%) or African-American (28.0%). Patients presented to an outpatient clinic were surveyed regarding their ideal body weight and their ideal BMI calculated. Subsequently they were classified into different categories based on their actual measured BMI. Their responses for ideal BMI were compared.
Results.In 254 surveys, mean measured BMI was 31.71 ± 8.01. Responses to ideal BMI had a range of 18.89-38.15 with a mean of 25.96 ± 3.25. Mean (±SD) ideal BMI for patients with a measured BMI of <18.5, 18.5-24.9, 25-29.9, and ≥30 was 20.14 ± 1.46, 23.11 ± 1.68, 25.69 ± 2.19, and 27.22 ± 3.31, respectively. These differences were highly significant (P < 0.001, ANOVA).
Conclusions.Most patients had an inflated sense of their target ideal body weight. Patients with higher measured BMI had higher target numbers for their ideal BMI. Better education of patients is critical for obesity prevention programs.
- Population pharmacokinetics and target attainment analysis of moxifloxacin in patients with diabetic foot infections. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Clin Pharmacol 2015 Jan 20.
- [A case of acute myeloid leukemia in an obese patient-determining the therapeutic dose of anticancer drugs]. [English Abstract, Journal Article]
- Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 2014 Dec; 41(13):2603-5.
- Assessment of viability of human fat injection into nude mice with micro-computed tomography. [Journal Article]
- J Vis Exp 2015; (95)
- A glucose carbonate apatite complex exhibits in vitro and in vivo anti-tumour effects. [Journal Article]
- Sci Rep 2015.:7742.
- The Influence of BMI and Predictors of Disordered Eating and Life Satisfaction on Postmenopausal Women. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Women Aging 2015 Jan 12.:1-17.