Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Computed Tomography Determined Changes in Position of the Hepatobiliary and Gastrointestinal Systems after CO2 Insufflation to Determine Optimal Positioning for Abdominal Laparoscopy. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Vet Surg 2015 Jun; 44(S1):100-112.
- Evolving Larger: Dosing Anti-Tuberculosis (TB) Drugs in an Obese World. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Curr Pharm Des 2015 Jun 25.
- Subjects with isolated GH deficiency due to a null GHRHR mutation eat proportionally more, but healthier than controls. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Endocrine 2015 Jun 23.
- Can Hypocaloric, High-Protein Nutrition Support Be Used in Complicated Bariatric Patients to Promote Weight Loss? [REVIEW]
- Nutr Clin Pract 2015 Jun 17.
- It's Not Me, It's You: Perceptions of Partner Body Image Preferences Associated With Eating Disorder Symptoms in Gay and Heterosexual Men. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Homosex 2015 Jun 17.
- The Appropriate Whole Body Index on Which to Base Standard Uptake Value in 2-deoxy-2-[(18)F]Fluoro-D-Glucose Pet. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Br J Radiol 2015 Jun 17.:20140520.
- A 2-Week Course of Enteral Treatment with a Very Low-Calorie Protein-Based Formula for the Management of Severe Obesity. [Journal Article]
- Int J Endocrinol 2015.:723735.
Background.Multiple weight loss failures among obese patients suggest the design of new therapeutic strategies. We investigated the role of 2-week course of enteral treatment with a very low-calorie protein-based formula in the management of severe obesity. Methods. We evaluated the feasibility, safety, and efficacy of 2-week continuous administration of a protein-based formula (1.2 g/kg of ideal body weight/day) by nasogastric tube in severely obese adults (body mass index (BMI) ≥ 40 kg/m(2)).
Results.In total, 364 patients (59% women; BMI = 46.6 ± 7.2 kg/m(2)) were recruited. The intervention was discontinued within 48 hours in 26 patients, due to nasogastric tube intolerance. No serious adverse events occurred. During the first and the second week, 65% and 80% patients, respectively, reported no side effects. All biochemical safety parameters were affected by the intervention, particularly uric acid (+45%) and aminotransferases (+48%). In the other cases the change was negligible. We observed significant weight loss (5.7 ± 2.3%) and improvement in blood pressure and glucose and lipid metabolism parameters (P < 0.001).
Conclusions.A 2-week course of enteral treatment with a very low-calorie protein-based formula appeared a feasible, likely safe, and efficacious therapeutic option to be considered for inclusion into a composite weight loss program for the management of severe obesity. This trial is registered with ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01965990.
- Scotoma analysis of 10-2 visual field testing with a white target in screening for hydroxychloroquine retinopathy. [Journal Article]
- Clin Ophthalmol 2015.:943-52.
- Use of low-dose oral theophylline as an adjunct to inhaled corticosteroids in preventing exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. [Journal Article]
- Trials 2015.:267.
- Prevalence and Predictors of Malnutrition in Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma. [Journal Article]
- Clin Med Insights Ear Nose Throat 2015.:19-22.