Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- A novel size-based sorting mechanism of pinocytic luminal cargoes in microglia. [Journal Article]
- J Neurosci 2015 Feb 11; 35(6):2674-88.
- Internalization and axonal transport of the HIV glycoprotein gp120. [Journal Article, Research Support, N.I.H., Extramural, Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't]
- ASN Neuro 2015 Jan-Feb; 7(1)
- The contribution of cell surface FcRn in monoclonal antibody serum uptake from the intestine in suckling rat pups. [Journal Article]
- Front Pharmacol 2014.:225.
- Lipopolysaccharide-Stimulated Transglutaminase 2 Expression Enhances Endocytosis Activity in the Mouse Microglial Cell Line BV-2. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Neuroimmunomodulation 2014 Oct 3.
Objectives:In peripheral macrophages, tissue-type transglutaminase (TG2) is reported to be involved in phagocytosis of apoptotic cells. However, the contribution of TG2 to microglial phagocytosis has not been investigated. In this study, using a microglial cell line, BV-2, we examined the changes in TG2 expression, phagocytosis and pinocytosis in cells stimulated by lipopolysaccharide (LPS).
Methods:Cells of the mouse microglial cell line BV-2 were stimulated by LPS with or without cystamine, an inhibitor of TG enzyme activity, for 24 h. TG2 expression was measured by real-time RT-PCR and Western blotting. TG activity was evaluated using biotinylated pentylamine as a substrate. Pinocytosis was determined by uptake of 1-µm fluorescent microbeads. Phagocytosis was assessed by uptake of dead cells, human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells, which were pretreated with H2O2 for 24 h.
Results:Phagocytosis of dead cells and pinocytosis of fluorescent microbeads were up-regulated by LPS stimulation together with TG2 expression. Blockade of TG enzyme activity by cystamine suppressed TG2 expression, phagocytosis and pinocytosis.
Conclusions:These results suggested that LPS-induced TG2 was involved in the mechanism of pinocytosis and phagocytosis in microglia. © 2014 S. Karger AG, Basel.
- Entry of Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus into BmN cells by cholesterol-dependent macropinocytic endocytosis. [Journal Article, Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't]
- Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2014 Oct 10; 453(1):166-71.
- Regional lymph nodes in the liver of rats in functional pinealectomy. [Journal Article]
- Bull Exp Biol Med 2014 Sep; 157(5):649-53.
- Toll like receptor 4 (TLR4) mediates the stimulating activities of chitosan oligosaccharide on macrophages. [Journal Article, Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't]
- Int Immunopharmacol 2014 Nov; 23(1):254-61.
- A tagged parathyroid hormone derivative as a carrier of antibody cargoes transported by the G protein coupled PTH1 receptor. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Peptides 2014 Aug 12.
- Delivery of antisense peptide nucleic acids to cells by conjugation with small arginine-rich cell-penetrating peptide (R/W)9. [Journal Article, Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't]
- PLoS One 2014; 9(8):e104999.