Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- The role of human fibronectin- or placenta basement membrane extract-based gels in favouring the formation of polarized salivary acinar-like structures. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Tissue Eng Regen Med 2016 May 3.
- A polyphenol-rich fraction obtained from table grapes decreases adiposity, insulin resistance and markers of inflammation and impacts gut microbiota in high-fat-fed mice. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Nutr Biochem 2016 Feb 26.:150-165.
- Intercellular Adhesion-Dependent Cell Survival and ROCK-Regulated Actomyosin-Driven Forces Mediate Self-Formation of a Retinal Organoid. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Stem Cell Reports 2016 Apr 26.
- Tight Junction Protein 1 Modulates Proteasome Capacity and Proteasome Inhibitor Sensitivity in Multiple Myeloma via EGFR/JAK1/STAT3 Signaling. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Cancer Cell 2016 Apr 26.
- The barrier function of organotypic non-melanoma skin cancer models. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Control Release 2016 Apr 26.
- Matrigel and Activin A promote cell-cell contact and anti-apoptotic activity in cultured human retinal pigment epithelium cells. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Exp Eye Res 2016 Apr 26.
- Prolactin and glucocorticoid signalling induces lactation-specific tight junctions concurrent with β-casein expression in mammary epithelial cells. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Biochim Biophys Acta 2016 Apr 26.
- Characterisation of a mouse cerebral microvascular endothelial cell line (bEnd.3) after oxygen glucose deprivation and reoxygenation. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 2016 Apr 29.
- Estrogen Modulates Expression of Tight Junction Proteins in Rat Vagina. [Journal Article]
- Biomed Res Int 2016.:4394702.
Background.The objectives of this study were to investigate the localization of tight junctions and the modulation of zonula occludens- (ZO-) 1, occludin and claudin-1 expression by estrogen in castrated female rat vagina. Female Sprague-Dawley rats (230-240 g, n = 45) were divided into three groups and subjected to a sham operation (control group, n = 15), bilateral ovariectomy (Ovx group, n = 15), or bilateral ovariectomy followed by daily subcutaneous injection of 17β-estradiol (50 μg/kg/day, Ovx + Est group, n = 15). The cellular localization and expression of ZO-1, occludin, and claudin-1 were determined in each group by immunohistochemistry and western blot.
Results.Expression of ZO-1 was diffuse in all groups, with the highest intensity in the superficial epithelium in the control group. Occludin was localized in the intermediate and basal epithelium. Claudin-1 was most intense in the superficial layer of the vaginal epithelium in the control group. Expression of ZO-1, occludin, and claudin-1 was significantly decreased after ovariectomy and was restored to the level of the control after estrogen replacement.
Conclusions.Tight junctions are distinctly localized in rat vagina, and estrogen modulates the expression of tight junctions. Further researches are needed to clarify the functional role of tight junctions in vaginal lubrication.
- Post-Irradiated Human Submandibular Glands Display High Collagen Deposition, Disorganized Cell Junctions, and an Increased Number of Adipocytes. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Histochem Cytochem 2016 Apr 28.