Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Destops and laptops:
- The Primary Local Stage at Diagnosis Predicts Regional Symptoms Caused by Local Progression in Patients With Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer. [Journal Article]
- Urology 2015 Feb; 85(2):430-5.
- A Whole of Population, Multi-user Series of HIFU for Management of Localised Prostate Cancer: Outcomes and Implications. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Endourol 2015 Jan 26.
- Drug-Induced Acute Urinary Retention #287. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Palliat Med 2015 Feb; 18(2):187-188.
- Complications and salvage options after laser lithotripsy for a vesical calculus in a tetraplegic patient: a case report. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Patient Saf Surg 2015; 9(1):3.
- Clean intermittent self-catheterisation: working with patients. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Br J Nurs 2015 Jan 22; 24(2):76-85.
- Determination of Urinary Creatinine in Washington State Residents via Liquid Chromatography/Tandem Mass Spectrometry. [Journal Article]
- Int J Anal Chem 2014.:247316.
- [Chronic monstrous urine retention.] [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Ugeskr Laeger 2015 Jan 26; 177(2A)
- Surgery duration predicts urinary retention after inguinal herniorrhaphy: a single institution review. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Surg Endosc 2015 Jan 23.
- Electroacupuncture for bladder function recovery in patients undergoing spinal anesthesia. [Journal Article]
- Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2014.:892619.
Purpose.To determine the efficacy of electroacupuncture on recovering postanesthetic bladder function. Materials and Methods. Sixty-one patients undergoing spinal anaesthesia were recruited and allocated into electroacupuncture or control group randomly. Patients in electroacupuncture group received electroacupuncture therapy whereas ones in control group were not given any intervention. Primary endpoint was incidence of bladder overdistension and postoperative urinary retention. Secondary endpoints included time to spontaneous micturition, voided volume, and adverse events.
Results.All patients (31 in electroacupuncture group and 30 in control group) completed the evaluation. During postoperative follow-up, patients in electroacupuncture group presented a significant lower proportion of bladder overdistension than counterparts in control group (16.1% versus 53.3%, P < 0.01). However, no significant difference was found in incidence of postoperative urinary retention between the two groups (0% versus 6.7%, P > 0.05). Furthermore, a shorter time to spontaneous micturition was found in electroacupuncture group compared to control group (228 min versus 313 min, P < 0.001), whereas urine volume and adverse events had no significant difference between the two groups.
Conclusions.Electroacupuncture reduced the proportion of bladder overdistension and shortened the time to spontaneous micturition in patients undergoing spinal anesthesia. Electroacupuncture may be a therapeutic strategy for postanesthetic bladder dysfunction.
- [Clinical effect of hemoperfusion combined with hemodialysis in treatment of severe organophosphate pesticide poisoning.] [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 2014 Dec; 32(12):928-930.