- Hypersensitivity to kanamycin or other aminoglycosides
- OB: Pregnancy.
Use Cautiously in:
- Renal impairment (dose adjustments necessary; blood level monitoring useful in preventing ototoxicity and nephrotoxicity)
- Hearing impairment
- Pedi: Geri: Geriatric patients and premature infants (difficulty in assessing auditory and vestibular function; age-related renal impairment)
- Pedi: Neonates (↑ risk of neuromuscular blockade; difficulty in assessing auditory and vestibular function; immature renal function)
- Neuromuscular diseases such as myasthenia gravis
- Lactation: Lactation (safety not established).
kanamycin has been found in Davis's Drug Guide
If you are a registered user, please login below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- Try and Buy
- Nursing Central puts five fully integrated references at your fingertips on mobile devices and the web. See how Nursing Central works by clicking the sample entries below or purchase a subscription for the web and your mobile device.
View these free topics online now.