- Instruct patient on correct technique for administration. Review patient information sheet, preparation of dose, administration sites and technique, and disposal of equipment into a puncture-resistant container. Advise patient of risks and benefits of golimumab therapy. Inject missed doses as soon as remembered, then return to regular schedule. Instruct patient to read Medication Guide before starting therapy and with each Rx refill; new information may be available.
- Caution patient not to share this medication with others, even with the same symptoms; may be harmful.
- Inform patient of increased risk of infections, malignancies, cardiac and nervous system disorders during therapy.
- Caution patient to notify health care professional promptly if any signs of infection, including TB, invasive fungal infections (fever, malaise, weight loss, sweats, cough, dypsnea, pulmonary infiltrates, serious systemic illness with or without concomitant shock), reactivation of HBV, hypersensitivity reactions, or nervous system problems (vision changes, weakness in arms or legs, numbness or tingling in any part of the body) develop.
- Advise patient to notify health care professional of all Rx or OTC medications, vitamins, or herbal products being taken and to consult with health care professional before taking other medications.
- Inform patient to avoid receiving live vaccinations; other vaccinations may be given.
- Advise patient to notify health care professional of pregnancy is planned or suspected or if breastfeeding.
golimumab has been found in Davis's Drug Guide
If you are a registered user, please login below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- Try and Buy
- Nursing Central puts five fully integrated references at your fingertips on mobile devices and the web. See how Nursing Central works by clicking the sample entries below or purchase a subscription for the web and your mobile device.
View these free topics online now.